Shirou

(Yang'sPOV)

I slam open my eyes, fear and horrible reflected in them, I quickly sit up as I gasp for air. I calm down while I pant alone in my room in the dark. I look at the clock and see that it was 4 o'clock in the morning. I drop back to my bed, wiping away the sweat from my face.

Yang: (thought) another nightmare. It's been three days since I got back here and they just keep haunting me.

I grab the stub at where my forearm should be at, I haven't left my room since I woke up. People have been trying to convince to at least get out and one got close but my reluctance made me stubborn, Shirou was close at persuading me to leave this cage but his lack of understanding of my situation when I lost my arm, held him back.

I then hear a loud crack of wind from the over side of my window. Leaning over I see the broken moon slowly fall but there was still no light. The trees are like shadows, coving the whole forest. But in the front yard I saw a figure. They were running from one end of the lawn to the other at amazing speeds.

The person does this for awhile but crashes when they trip, but each time they fell without fail they got back up and continued running. They fell over more than I expected. When they fell, the figure destroyed a small area of the garden.

I move closer to my window, the clouds in the skies parted ways and the light from the crescent moon landed on the stranger to reveal Shirou. He had mud all over his clothes and face.

Yang: shirou? What is he doing outside?

???: he's training to readjust himself.

At the sound of the voice I turn to see Shirou standing behind me, giving me a serious glare but worried eyes. I knew he wasn't Shirou.

Yang: Ah! Muramasa! What are doing here? And what do you mean he's readjusting?

Muramasa: I came here because I sensed great negative emotion from your room and thought that you might in trouble.

The other Shirou moves to the window and looks down to watch Emiya. I mirror him and turn to face the actual Shirou. While I did, Muramasa speaks to me.

Muramasa: He's training so hard because he trying to gain a new balance. With only one arm, he needs to come up with a new style of fighting or else he won't be able to fight again.

Yang: He lost his arm but he still wants to fight?! Is he mad? Or just blood thirsty.

Muramasa: No. I can assure you he's very much sane and he certainly isn't a warrior. Shirou is different, he isn't driven to fight for what most people fight for.

Yang: Why? What do normal people fight for? I thought he fought to protect other and make them happy.

Muramasa: Most people fight for wealth, power, honour or for the thrill. Some fight to protect what they love. And you weren't wrong with what you said but it isn't entirely correct.

Yang; Then what does he fight for?

Muramasa: An ideal.

Yang: An ideal?

Muramasa: An ideal, a dream, a hope, a desire. You can call what you will but that's what drives the boy to fight even when he lost his whole right arm.

Yang: The dream to become a Hero of Justice? To save anyone that needs saving, no matter who they are or what they've done. Isn't that a bit-

Muramasa: Hypocritical. Quite so. It is a dream that's consumed almost every version of the boy. Some pursued that dream in different ways but for the majority it just lead them to a life of regret and misery.