No Chance

(3rdPOV)

All the finalist were standing in a line, in the centre of the arena. Sun, Penny, Yang, Velevt, Shirou, Pyrrha and two others from the other academies. Pyrrha was a bit shaky, she was nervous of the choice that she had to make, everyone else were in their seats. The announcers then came on.

Oobleck: (speakers) Hello there everyone, we have finally reached the finals.

Port: (speakers) Quiet so! Barty why don't you explain the finals.

Oobleck: (speakers) Yes yes Peter, it's quite simple, instead of a bracket system, these matches will be chosen at random before the match.

Port: (speakers) and just like any good huntsman, there won't be anytime to prepare! Now shall we see who our first match will be?

The screens started to spin, the whole crowd were quiet for the results. In the audience, the combatants friend's talked.

Ruby: This is going to be amazing! Who do you think it's going to be.

Blake: I hope it's Yang first, I want her to get a victory for team RWBY.

Coco: No way, Velvet would easily beat Yang if they're opponents!

Neptune: Nah, Sun will definitely beat everyone's butts.

Jaune: Are you guys forgetting who the four year champion is? Pyrrha is without doubt going to win.

Weiss: That's funny coming from you vomit boy.

Rin: Whoever the first round maybe let's just hope they don't fight Shirou or else you can consider them out of the tournament.

They all watched the jackpot spinner slow down as it chose its first person, it was no other than the blond fighter herself.

Oobleck: (speakers) Ah Yang Xiao Long of Beacon has been chosen and her opponent will be...

The second spinner stops at the the red haired boy. The crowd was now dead silent.

Port: (speakers) and it seems that her opponent will be Shirou Emiya of Beacon. That a surprise don't you agree Doctor.

Oobleck: (speakers) Certainly is, both Beacon's Blacksmith and Blond Berserk fighting each other. If my hypothesis is correct this should be quite a destructive match. May the other finalist please leave the arena.

They all did so, while leaving they all wished Yang luck and asked Shirou to hold back. Now only two stood in the arena.

Port: (speakers) Please understand there won't be any environment change in the singles and you won't be able to be kicked out of the area.

Oobleck: (speakers) The only way to be eliminated is to either run out of aura or surrender.

In the arena the two combatants were having a friendly chat.

Yang: Hello shirou are you prepared to lose, I won't go easy on you just because your my sister's boyfriend.

Shirou: It wouldn't be much of a match if you didn't give it a hundred percent, but myself on the other hand will be holding back.

Yang: What! That's unfair! Hear me Shirou! You will not hold back or else I'll ask Uncle Qrow to castrate you.

Shirou: What that's-...Remember Yang...

The boy to sighed in defeat, he just gave her a weak smile as the timer hit zero.

Shirou:...you asked for this so don't blame me if you lose...or cry.

The buzzer rang, hearing but ignoring Shirou's lost word, Yang charged to Shirou at top speed, using her gauntlets to fire herself to the boy but stopped in her tracks only meters in front of him.