Recovery

(3rdPOV)

(Dream)

Regaining consciousness, Shirou wakes up on the floor, he was welcomed by luscious and vivid green grass, raising up he is greeted by the warm sensation of a sun, the bright blue skies with snow white clouds flowing through them. This is a place where Shirou has never been before. The peaceful and relaxing atmosphere was foreign to him. A voice then came from behind him.

???: Hello Shirou, welcome to Avalon.

He turned and was met with a woman that he knew as Saber but things were different, she didn't wear her armour, nor her dark blue dress but a cyan one, that reached to her feet. Shirou also saw that Saber had her hair down, it was being swayed from side to side by the gentle wind. Her eyes were like crystal emerald, shinning as they stared at the Hero of Justice.

Shirou: Saber? Wow you look amazing. So this is you without all the armour and sword swinging. Got to say, this place looks amazing. It's far better than mine or Archer's.

Saber: Thank you very much. As you've deduced, this is just a reality marble of my utopia. Avalon.

Shirou absorbed the atmosphere once more but this time he noticed something that was off, something that didn't belong in this place. It was his right arm. It was only a shadow. But it felt real to the owner. He tried to grab it only for his other hand to slip right through it.

Shirou: I guess I really did permanently lose my arm.

Saber: Shirou why would do something so stupid as to do that.

Shirou: what chop off my arm? It was the only choice I had. Or did you want me to get consumed by own magecraft.

Saber: no I mean risk your life for others.

Shirou: Because that's how I've always been.

There was silence between the two, shirou walked around, still in awe of the beautiful surroundings. Saber moved close to Shirou and grabbed his human arm. Wrapping her arms around his. Shirou became flustered at her actions but also became confused.

Shirou: Saber?

Saber: Shirou, I'm happy that we are finally together. I know it isn't the real thing but you did it. You reached my eternal paradise. We can be together forever.

Shirou: Saber, you seem a little different since we last met. You are a lot more affectionate than before.

Saber: Was I not like this when we parted ways.

Shirou: You were protective not 'this'. And what are about? We never said goodbyes. I was still fighting Gilgamesh when you left.

Saber: What?! That's not right. I fought Gilgamesh, while you fought that priest. We won the Holy Grail war.

Shirou: Something not right. Because I definitely remember Rin as the winner of war. One of us has the wrong memories of those event.

Saber: Shirou did we not survive the trials of the war together? Did you not promise me to meet me again in Avalon? Did we never develop feelings for each other?

Shirou: I'm sorry Saber but my war was different. I lost you to Caster but you found an allegiance with Rin. I don't recall promising to meet you again. And we never had that sort relationship, we were master and servant. I fell in love with Rin.

Saber let go of the boy and stepped back a few feet in utter disbelief, Shirou watched as she did, feeling guilty he moved to her and tapped her shoulder.

Saber: yes?

Shirou: Are you okay?

Saber: (tearing up) Yes. It's just that I thought...that I finally reunited with the man I feel in love with, only to find out that I've reunited with another version of him. That never tried to save or fell for me.