Chapter 26

You walked into the Hazbin Hotel, a smile on your face as you greeted Husk, who looked like he had just faceplanted onto the front desk. His response was just a tired and muffled "hrmph". You shrugged as you walked past the front desk and towards the kitchen to get coffee.

"Heya, bish!" Domino greeted you when you walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, motherfucker!" you greeted Domino. To your relief, Kobe was for once NOT in the same room as Domino. "How'd your date go last night? Did you actually piss in that guy's margarita?"

"I ACTUALLY SENT THAT MESSAGE?" Domino asked, clearly surprised.

"Yep!! I didn't know you called people McMuffins when you were trying to insult them," you laughed.

"Well fuck me with a chainsaw," Domino muttered.

"Were you drunk?" you asked.

"Well, I had a hangover this morning, so probably," Domino answered.

"No surprise there," you mumbled. Just then, the kitchen door opened and Kobe walked in.

"Good morning Domi," Kobe said in a lovey-dovey tone, before turning to you, a slightly contempt glimmer in his blue eyes. "And... I guess, good morning to you too," he said, obviously not meaning it.

"Well if it isn't the pimpshit!! How'd your date go? I bet it sucked. Of course, that's inevitable when you're there," you said with a smile.

Kobe laughed. "At least I had a date! Unlike you," he responded.

You kept smiling to keep yourself from blurting out the truth. "It's better to not have a date than to date a shitfaced loser."

"You should try and go out with Alastor...oh wait, that'd fall under the 'shitfaced loser' category, wouldn't it?" Kobe asked.

You rolled your eyes. "First of all, I will not go out with Alastor. Second, that would not fall under the 'shitfaced loser' category because Al is much better than you. Third, you better watch what you say, because you never know who will hear you."

"Well, you know, Valentine's day is coming up very soon!! I'm sure that you'd love to go out with Alastor," Kobe said to you.

"Listen up, Kobalt." Kobe seemed surprised that you used his full name. "If you pester me about this too, you won't live to see the next extermination. I'm not 'in love' with Alastor, so shut the hell up. Got it?" you threatened.

"Alright, relax, whore," Kobe muttered.

"You little-" you were interrupted.

"(Y/n)! Good morning!" Charlie said happily as she walked into the kitchen. "How are you?"

"Great! I'm doing great," you said with a fake smile. "How are you?"

"I'm doing fantastic!! Vaggie and I went on a date last night-" Charlie was interrupted by Domino.

"You should've told us! We could've gone on a double date!" Domino said.

"Well...Vaggie and I kinda wanted it to be a special evening to ourselves. We haven't had too much time alone together lately, so we went out to...I forget the name of it, but it's near that fancy French place that Alastor likes," Charlie explained.

Wait. Was she talking about the place that Alastor took you to?

"Oh, it's near Feu Hades? Did you happen to see a demon who..." Kobe's words were irrelevant to you, so you stopped listening and trailed into your own thoughts...which were just full of worry. What if she saw you with Alastor? No...she would have told you, right? She was acting normal, and for a demon like her, if she found out about you and Alastor, she'd make it obvious. Her happiness would be through the roof.

"(Y/n)?" Charlie called you out of your thoughts.

You shook your head a bit to clear your thoughts before looking at Charlie. "Hm?"

"Are you okay?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" you answered.

Charlie seemed hesitant to believe you, but she moved on anyways. "Me and Vaggie need your help with fliers. We have a bunch to print out, and we have to get them all printed as quick as possible before we put them up all throughout Hell. I would have Husk help, but he's on break, so..."

"Sure," you responded.

Charlie waved at Domi and Kobe before leading you out of the kitchen and to the front desk, where Vaggie was waiting. 

"So what do you need me to do?" you asked.

"We just need you to make sure the printer doesn't run out of paper," Charlie said.

Three people to print fliers?? Must be a shitload of fliers then, you thought.

Charlie pressed a few different buttons on a computer before the printer started making those...well, printing noises and out came a flier. Rainbows, clouds, and smiley faces all over it, with the words, "Come to the Hazbin Hotel and cure your sin!!" 

Yeah.

That'll definitely work on the cold-hearted assholes that Hell was made of.

"Does it look good?" Charlie asked.

"Yep," you answered. Sure, it'd be great anywhere...other than hell.

With that, Charlie typed a number into the computer and it started printing. Vaggie took the printed pages and handed them to Charlie, who put them in a big box as you watched and made sure the printer stayed full of paper.

It had barely been a minute when Alastor walked in the front door and greeted you, Charlie and Vaggie. "Good morning! How are you darlings doing this fine day?"

"Great!" Charlie answered happily, while Vaggie responded with a glare.

"I'm good, how are you?" You couldn't help but smile.

"Fantastic, my dear!" Alastor responded before looking at Charlie. "If you don't mind my asking, have you seen Husker? I have a wonderful idea I'd like to discuss with him, and I'd rather not waste any time!"

"He went to the bar," Charlie answered.

"Thank you, dear!" Alastor said before walking in the direction of the bar. He exchanged a meaningful glance with you, a glance that seemed to mean 'I'm happy to see you!'

And you smiled like a lovestruck schoolgirl, until, of course, you remembered you had to keep everything under wraps. When you looked back at the printer, you noticed Charlie looking at Vaggie with an excited expression.

Charlie looked at you, a happy sparkle in her eyes. "So how was your date with Alastor last night?"