Chapter seventeen

(I know the pic above is from one of the shirts in the online store but DAMN irresistible sowwy XD)

You ran through the doorway into the hotel, feeling awkward because you were late. Alastor was probably already there...which made you feel uncomfortable. Obviously. After the situation this morning, you weren't sure how you could face the Radio Demon again, at least not without it being obviously awkward. 

"Sorry I'm late!" you said. 

Charlie was at the front desk. "It's okay! Shit happens, I understand. It's...it's not like we have a whole bunch of demons to deal with," she said with a kind of sad tone at the end of her sentence. 

"There'll be more demons. It might take a while, but once we rehabilitate one, so many more will come along," you said with a smile. 

Charlie looked happy again. "We can do this!"

You gave her a high five. "So what should I work on today?" 

"I can't really think of anything right now, but if I do, I'll be sure to let you know," she told you. 

"I'll be in the kitchen with Domi, then," you responded.  

"Okay. See you later!" Charlie said with a smile.

"See you later," you replied, smiling, as you walked to the kitchen.

You stopped in your tracks when you heard the voice of Kobe. You wanted to leave and avoid the blue ass but you already pushed the door halfway open, bringing the attention of Domino. 

"Hey (y/n)!" Domino greeted you. 

"Hey Domi! Hey Kobe," you said, trying to act happy to see Kobe. 

"You were late. Why were you late?" Domino asked, their mischievous prying eyes seeming to be trying to peer into your soul. 

"Because I got drunk on my own last night and had a hangover," you lied. Domino seemed to not get your 'hey you ditched me for the smurf' signal.

"I tell you what, Kobe and I had an awesome time last night! He has such a successful business. He has so many clients! He even has a mansion. Last night we met with one of his richer clients...one that I can't say the name of...*cough* he's-an-overlord *cough*. It's so awesome how he handles these clients who are assholes most of the time," Domino said, acting like a fangirl. 

"So instead of sleeping in the hotel where he's supposed to be trying to get redeemed, he's pimping people out, which is against the Rules of Redemption," you remarked.

 Domino rolled their eyes. "He's fine. It was just once."

"Just don't let him do it too much. He could be the hotel's winning ticket, and pimping could keep him from redemption which is what this hotel needs," you said to Domino quietly. 

"(Y/n), stop being so strict. You're not his mom! Get the stick out of your ass and have some fun!" Domino said with a laugh. You looked at them, unamused. 

There was a pause in the conversation. Domino walked up to you. "You don't like him, do you?" they asked quietly. 

"Are you falling for him?" you asked quietly in response. 

"What? N-no, of course not," they answered with a nervous laugh. 

Just as you were about to accuse Domino of the truth, you heard that his voice. Alastor's voice. 

You turned to see Alastor in the doorway. "(Y/n), may I speak with you for a moment?" he asked.

Shit. He was not the person you wanted to hang out with right now. You waved goodbye to Domino and Kobe and walked to Alastor, who closed the kitchen door behind you so you could talk with him in the dining room. 

"Please forgive me for this morning. I should have left you at your home and not stayed," Alastor told you after a short silence. He didn't seem to quite understand what you had a problem with...either that or he was avoiding it. 

"It's alright," you replied. 

"And I'm extremely sorry for...confronting you like that. I shouldn't have done that," he said. 

"It's okay. I've had worse shit happen to me," you told him. 

You noticed Alastor glance behind you, and you turned around to see Domino, with the door cracked open a bit so they could listen. "What are you doing, Domi?" you asked.

"Just um...waiting for you to um...get done talking so I can...do something with dishes or something," Domino responded, obviously trying to make up an excuse.

"Okay, what do you need?" you asked, actually challenging Domino so you could catch them in their lie.

"Umm...I...um...spoons?" they responded, their statement being more of a question.

You grabbed a spoon from next to a plate and walked up the the gap in the door. You then smacked Domino's head with the spoon. "Grow up and stop spying on us."

Domino rubbed their head where you had smacked it. "What are you trying to hide?" they asked with a sly smile and narrowed eyes.

"Nothing! Has it ever occurred to you that sometimes, people just need to have a private conversation without the nosy friend spying on them?" you asked.

Domino raised an eyebrow dramatically. "Hmm...no."

"Well...go talk with blue loverboy, okay? We need privacy," you told Domino.

"Jeez, get a room!" Domino teased.

You tensed an d felt your face heat up. "Not that kind of privacy, you ass!"

Domino rolled their eyes. "Alright, alright, go ahead and talk or....do whatever," they told you.

"We're just talking!" you argued, smacking Domino in the head with the spoon again.

Alastor interrupted the little argument. "Dear, don't bother yourself with them," he told you, placing a calm hand on your shoulder.

You smiled at him. Despite what he did that morning, you still liked him. Actually, you loved him. That...situation didn't change anything, at least not for the worst. If it did anything...

 It made you love him more.

A/n: So I'm sticking with the extra spacing now, and so that means I'm probably gonna go into my past chapters and edit those with extra spacing. I'm not sure if Wattpad sends you guys notifs when I edit a chapter, but if it does, I'm sorry! It'll kinda be bombarding you with notifs until editing is done. Thank you guys for your patience!! I love you all, and have a wonderful day!!