Chapter three

A/N: Sorry if this is really long! Almost 2500 words! Not all chapters will be this big...but I couldn't find a good part to stop this chapter and make a new one. Sowwy!

"So, Alastor likes to cook. Maybe he'll try to poison us all," Domino said quietly. "Maybe he just likes cooking. Some people have hobbies, you know," you replied. "Yeah, and his are killing people, watching people suffer, and being entertained by others' failure. You think he's trying to be nice?" Domino argued. "Would it make you feel more comfortable if you stayed in the kitchen to make sure he doesn't poison us?" you asked with an attitude. "What? Hell no! You go in there!" Domino whisper-yelled. You rolled your eyes. "I was actually going to anyway. I found a recipe for some good-ass dessert. It is capital A, AMAZING!" you said. "Oh, whatever, alright. I'm up for that dessert though!" Domino said. "As long as you don't freak out that I might be alone with Alastor," you said, a bit of a snarl in your voice. "Alrighty, babe," Domino replied with finger guns. You facepalmed and headed towards the kitchen.

When you walked in, you saw Alastor, seemingly summoning ingredients from who-knows-where. "Hey there!" you called. "Hello, dear!" Alastor replied cheerfully. "I uh, I hope you don't mind me being in here, but I found a recipe for dessert that I wanted to try out," you said, a bit nervous. "I'd be happy to have you join me!" Alastor replied. "Awesome," you said with two thumbs-up. You searched through the shelves, finding a few ingredients that you needed. "Crap," you muttered when you couldn't find any chocolate. "Is something wrong?" Alastor asked. "Angel ate all the chocolate so now I have to go and get some," you replied, walking towards the doorway. "Wait! I can get that for you," Alastor said. You turned around and saw a bag of chocolate chips, a red glow around it. "That's fricken cool," you said. "It's nothing," Alastor said, summoning yet another ingredient.

You looked at the recipe on your phone and got out a big mixing bowl. "So, do you ever have to go and buy anything, or do you just summon it?" you asked, attempting to start a conversation. "I haven't had to purchase a single thing for a long while now," Alastor replied. "Lucky. I have to go and buy stuff, only to get ripped off and then people try to fuck me, rob me, or kill me. Like, why does everyone do that? As if there aren't enough prostitutes here," you said. Alastor nodded in response as he grabbed a large pot. "So, have you ever had jambalaya before?" Alastor asked. "Oh yeah. My grandma made it all the time. And to be honest, it wasn't great," you replied. "She must not have had a proper recipe," Alastor said. "She said, and these are her exact words, 'This recipe is straight from Loooziana!' and either she couldn't cook it worth a crap or she had a bad recipe. It had pretty much no flavor," you said, making your best old lady impersonation when you quoted your grandma. "You simply must try this recipe. Unless, of course, you don't prefer spicy foods," Alastor said. "I like spicy food," you replied. "Then you will absolutely love this!" Alastor said. You started melting the chocolate when you heard a familiar voice.

"I smell chocolate!" Domino yelled. "Yes you do," you replied plainly. "I need some," Domino said, barging past you to the stove. "Whoa!" you exclaimed as you stuck your right arm straight out. Domino ran into your elbow, nearly losing their balance. "K, so, that was rude," they said, rubbing their cheek. "K, so, don't go barging past me to steal some chocolate," you replied with a smart-ass attitude. Domino then pulled you down to their level. "He's not being mean, right?" they whispered. You glanced up to see Alastor glancing at you quickly. You gave a shy smile before looking back to Domino. "He's being nice. Hell, he summoned chocolate for me when either Angel or you ate all of it!" you whisper-yelled. "Hey, he's a powerful dude who could do terrible things without making a noise, so don't get mad at me for checking on you," Domino whispered. You scowled. "I can take care of myself!" you whisper-yelled at them. "Ya can? Is that why you almost got beat up by that gang of demons last month?" Domino asked quietly. "I could have killed them all, if you didn't interrupt," you told them. "It didn't look like it," Domino remarked. "I wanted to act all innocent and helpless that way when I murdered them all, it would be a huge surprise. But you had to get your cringy ass in there," you told them quietly. "But can you defend yourself against him?" Domino asked quietly, quickly glancing behind themself at Alastor. "No. Can you help me against him? I think not," you told them. "So-" Domino began, but you interrupted them. "I don't think he'll try to kill me," you told them quietly. Domino raised an eyebrow. You sighed in annoyance. "Trust me. I'll be fine. Just go," you told them. Domino huffed in response. "Alright, but don't get mad if you end up getting killed or...y'know...forced to...heh..yeah. But, you wouldn't mind that," they said with a wink. You clenched your fists. "Get out," you hissed at them. They shrugged and left the kitchen.