Chapter thirteen

You widened your eyes, shocked at the little old demon's question. Alastor didn't seem to notice. you tapped his shoulder, and he looked at you. "Sh-she asked a question..." you said, voice shaky. You normally wouldn't try to get his attention with that, but you yourself wanted to know the answer as well.

"Oh, pardon me, my dear. What do you want to ask?" the tall demon asked the short little demon. "Are you two on a date?" she asked. She sounded like the stereotypical old lady, almost making the ^-^ face at the sight of a younger 'couple' that might be in love. Alastor looked at you expectantly. You looked back at him, unsure of what to say. You kind of wanted to say yes, but maybe Alastor didn't think of it as a date, and maybe it would make everything awkward. You also wanted to say no, but if Alastor did think of it as a date, it might make him upset. You smiled awkwardly with a little laugh, ears pinned back.

You thanked whoever was in charge of this pit of suffering that the demon got distracted. "Martha! Stop shovin ya nose in other people's beeswax. We have go," an elderly sounding man called out for her. She walked to him and out of the cafe, and you let out a breath, unaware until now that you were holding your breath. "W-well that was kinda..." you said, searching for the right word to describe the situation. "Awkward?" Alastor asked. "Yes!" you answered. There was another awkward pause. "What answer would you have wanted?" Alastor asked you. You tensed up, swallowing nervously and gaze flicking around the cafe.

"Uhm...I uh...heh...um...well....I dunno really. I don't want to make Domino right, but maybe they ar....wait no. I didn't mean that, heheh...not that I would prefer the answer that would make them right! But I also might not want to make them wrong...er, I mean...uhm...might...I don't mind either way heheh...I-i uhm...heh," you answered awkwardly with a shrug. Real smooth, (Y/n). Not obvious at all. Alastor had a sparkle in his eyes that you couldn't quite pinpoint...entertained? No..not quite. What was it? Was he looking at you....adoringly? Not in the manner of admiration. Like he thought you were...cute. Either way, you were blushing like a fucking tomato at this point, hoping Alastor couldn't see. His smile was also less psychotic. More...sweet, basically. All in all, he was looking at you with an expression that practically melted your heart and made you want to squeal.

You didn't notice you were staring until Alastor cleared his throat, giving you the, "Darling, you're staring" signal. You snapped out of your....trance, shaking your head a bit. "Shit," you whispered, half to yourself. Alastor laughed a bit, and that made you want to squeal even more.

Wait a second...okay, a little crush was fine, but not THIS bad. You were fine with it the way it was, with just a little butterflies-in-the-stomach. Not squealing when he looked at you a certain way. You hoped that Domino wouldn't find out, or else they'd kill you with embarrassment. Your mind went into a near panic. How would this turn out? You couldn't fall in love with Alastor now. Not after pretty much threatening Domino's life if they continued with their shipping. But you couldn't stop yourself...he's so nice...you could get lost in his gaze, and he always made you smile. He made you happy, and your mom always told you to find someone who makes you happy...could Alastor be that guy?

{time skip because I'm a lazy asshole}

"Yeah? Well, go fuck a toaster!" Domino yelled at the phone, slamming it down. "Ummm...what the hell?" you asked, closing the door of the hotel. "Microdick keeps calling me," they told you. That was the guy that Domino had dated previously. According to Domino, the guy's...thing...was the size of a penny. You found that hard to believe, but this is hell, and there are some crazy anatomies out there. "Tell him to fuck off or the Radio Demon will end him," you said. "Oh yeah, he's gonna fall for that," Domino said sarcastically. "Hey, we have personal ties with Alastor. That's all that guy needs to know," you responded. "How personal?" Domino asked, followed by a gasp. "Did you go on another date!?" they asked excitedly. You pinned your ears back, narrowing your eyes. "No," you answered. 

You weren't sure what the answer was supposed to be. You never got an answer from Alastor about what the whole coffee thing was. "You suuuurrre?" Domino asked, eyes narrowed as they leaned over the front desk to get closer to you. "Yeeeeeesssss," you answered with the same tone as Domino, putting your index finger on their shoulder and pushed them back onto the seat. "Such a shame. The perfect couple...if only they'd realize it!" Domino said longingly, followed by a sigh, "I guess I won't be able to go up to a tree, carve a heart in the bark and write 'Alastor &--'"

"(Y/n)!" Alastor greeted you as he closed the hotel door. You tried to hold back laughter. He basically just finished Domino's sentence. "See, he gets it!" Domino told you. You stuck your tongue out at them. "Hey Al," you greeted the tall demon. "Oh, so he's 'Al' to you now..." Domino said, a teasing tone in their quiet voice. You whipped your arm backwards, satisfied to feel a fuzzy face against the back of your hand. "Did you just backwards backhand me?" they asked with a laugh. "Mhm," you answered. You noticed Alastor watching the quiet argument, an entertained sparkle in his eyes that brought the butterflies back to your stomach. Dammit!

"Are you two done?" Alastor asked. "Hardly!" Domino answered. "Yes," you replied, shooting a sideways glance at Domino. Alastor cleared his throat before speaking. "A good friend of mine has informed me that someone has made a picture show about me! I have discussed it with Charlie, and the little darling has decided to enjoy it on our night off next week," Alastor told you. "That's great!" you said. Alastor smiled bigger with pride. "It's going to be a private viewing. The author himself will be there," Alastor explained. Author? Oh...does he mean writer? You smiled. His lack of knowledge in 'showbiz' was really adorable. Wait no! Don't think that way...you'll just fall for him more. "Ya mean the screenwriter," Domino said, words echoing your thoughts. "Yes, that's right," Alastor responded. 

"What time are we seeing it? I want to be able to make a clear spot on my schedule," you asked. "Wednesday at 5 in the evening, my dear," Alastor answered. You smiled, grabbing your phone to put the time in your calendar. You were secretly really excited about this, while at the same time nervous. It was probably going to be two hours. Two hours to have to be focused on Alastor only. Two hours to like him more. Well shit.

Well I hope you guys like this chapter!!  I got it done actually really fricken fast XD 

Just as a note, I won't be as active from 11/27-12/2. I'll still be active, but not as much :) Please be patient XD Have a wonderful day, and I love you all! <3