Chapter eleven

You sat down, not saying much except for just placing your bet of 10 dollars. "Hey hottie," one of the demons said to you. You glanced at him, barely reacting to his nickname for you. The dealer dealt out the hand. You got a 7♣ and a 3♥, the demon to your right got a 5♥ and a 4♥ and the demon to your left got a 2♥ and an ace♠. The dealer had a 7♠. The demon to your right tapped the table. The dealer dealt a card to him. A king♥. He then made a move you'd never make on a 19. He tapped the table again, getting a 9♠. Unlucky bastard. 28. He busted and the dealer took the chips. He then looked at you. You tapped the table and the dealer gave you a 6♠. You had 16 now. One of the unlucky numbers. You tapped the table again. The dealer flipped another card for you, showing a 4♣. You stopped there. You didn't want to go over. The dealer then looked at the flirty demon to your left. He tapped the table, getting a 7♦. He either had 20 or 10. He waved his hand over his cards. The dealer uncovered his card, revealing an 8♠. He had a 15. He grabbed another card, showing a 4♠. 19 was his score now. You were happy. You had a 20, as with the guy to your left, and you both won ten dollars.

The dealer shuffled the cards as you placed your bet of 15. The demon to your right had put in 10, and the flirtatious bastard placed 25 in while winking at you. The demon to your right got a jack and a 3, you got a queen and a ten, and the one to your left got a king and a two, while the dealer got an ace. "Insurance?" the dealer asked. You shook your head 'no', and the other two demons denied it. The dealer checked his face-down card. "Blackjack," he said, flipping it. A ten. Damn. The dealer took the chips and the cards, re-shuffling them.

You bet 15 again, while the demon to your right bet 15 and the one to your left put in thirty. "I'm doin' this for ya, sexy gal," he told you. You rolled your eyes. "Two things: one, I'm not interested, and two, you might wanna wait until you get a lucky streak to do that," you said. "No, I mean, if I win, I might have money to pay ya for a...y'know. A BJ? How much do ya charge?" he asked. "I don't have a price for that because I'm not a prostitute, but I'll give you fifteen to leave me alone," you told him. "Uh huh," he chuckled, moving his hand to squeeze your thigh. You quickly slapped it away. The bastard looked at the cards and you put your attention back to the table.

You had been dealt a blackjack. Holy shit. The dealer paid you your money, 22 dollars and fifty cents in chips. The rest of the game played out and when the dealer was shuffling the cards, you turned to the flirty bastard, who had busted. "So, what was that about winning and then paying me for a blow?" you asked sarcastically. He looked away. Before you placed your bet, you heard Charlie calling for you. "(Y/n)! Do you want to play poker? All of us are doing it!" she said. You nodded and collected your chips, walking to the poker table. "Five card draw," Husk announced. You sat down. "Ante's 10 bucks," Husk told you. You put in a ten dollar chip, along with everyone else. The dealer shuffled the cards and dealt five to everyone. You looked at your cards. 5♣, A♥, 2♠, 8♦, A♣.

The order of people around the table (clockwise)was: Husk, niffty, Charlie, Vaggie, Alastor, Domino, you, and Angel. The betting began. Husk put in 40 dollars. Niffty called, followed by literally everyone else. Then, everyone began to discard and get their other cards. You discarded your 2♠ and 8♦, and received a 10♠ and 10♦.

Betting began again. Husk put in 25 dollars. Niffty raised to 60, and then Charlie called, followed by everyone until it was your turn. You raised to 70, and everyone called but Angel who raised to 75. Then, everyone called again, until Niffty raised again to 85. Charlie folded, along with Vaggie and Domino. Alastor called, followed by you, Angel, and Husk.