Chapter twelve

^(HES ADORABLE HALP)^

You rubbed your eyes and yawned. You got to bed late last night....really late. 4 AM! It's now 9:20, and you had to get ready for this little coffee thing with Alastor that might be a date and might not be a date. 9:20 is a strange time to set, but you wanted to squeeze in as much sleep as possible. You forced yourself to climb out of your warm, soft and inviting bed. A different light was coming through the curtains. It didn't....oh wait, yes it did. You opened the curtains to find a dusting of a light reddish-pink snow on the ground. You tried not to stare at it for too long, forcing yourself to get changed instead of going back to bed. You put on (clothes of preference) and smoothed out your fur.

You walked to your living room and opened the closet where your winter clothes were and you got your gloves, hat, and jacket on. Your gloves were white with red, orange and yellow ombre fingers. Your hat was white with a red, orange and yellow pom-pom on top, and your jacket was white with red, orange and yellow embroidered maple leaves on it. There was also (fav color) accents (same color as eyes, whatever color you want) on your hat, gloves, and jacket. You reached into the dark depths of the closet, feeling for the handle of the snow shovel. You finally felt it and grabbed it, unlocking and opening the front door to feel a chilly breeze. You shoveled up the 1/2-1 inch of snow down the stairs to the third level of the apartment building. As you walked back up the stairs to your penthouse, you watched for any ice that may be forming. You saw a bit dripping off your roof and went inside. After slipping your shoes off on the rug, you went to the kitchen and looked for baking soda.

Baking soda? Yeah, baking soda. In the living world, one would use salt. But, in hell, with the wonderful acidic water, one would typically use baking soda to melt the ice. You finally found a box of it and brought it to the front door, putting your shoes back on and heading outside. When you found the spot of ice, you sprinkled some baking soda on it, watching it fizz. You put a bit more on the patch of ice before going back inside to get ready. You slid your shoes off again and took off your jacket, hat and gloves. Honestly, you put on too much. The weather wasn't too cold. Normally, when you were alive at least, the first snow meant absolutely cold temperatures. But, not today I guess. 

You looked at the time. 9:30. You had fifteen minutes to get ready. You walked to the bathroom and made sure you didn't smell bad. You showered the night before so you could wake up later (somehow it made you feel more refreshed that way). When you passed your self-smell check, you moved on to brushing your teeth. You made sure to transform to your full demon form, making sure your horror teefs were looking good too.

Your makeup was pretty simple with just a little mascara for your eyelashes, and some eyeliner. Next you just took your brush and fluffed up your cheek fur, tapering it and making a cute little point on both sides. 

You walked to your closet and picked a white denim jacket with red, yellow and orange stitching, and embroidered fall leaves in those colors, along with buttons that matched your eye color. You spritzed a tiny amount of perfume on. As Jesse had told you on the call, "You want to make it seem like you actually put effort into getting ready if he thinks of it as a date, but make it subtle in case he doesn't think of it as a date."

{tiny time skip because I'm lazy}

You flipped through a (hobby or interest) magazine, glancing at the clock. It was 9:44. Alastor would arrive any second now. You kept listening for the familiar noise of the steps leading to your penthouse. You looked back at your magazine, nearly jumping out of your skin when you heard a knock on the door. You got up and answered the door.

"How did you get up here so quietly?" you asked, heart still beating fast. "You don't seem to remember I can teleport," Alastor responded. You facepalmed. Duh, you told yourself in your mind. "So, how are you this morning?" you asked. "I'm great, my dear! Waking up to Pentagram City covered in a thin layer of snow is a wonderful thing!" he responded, taking you by the hand and leading you to your little tiny porch, gesturing to the small view of the city you had. "The first snow of the year! You know what that means...festivities! The celebration of Anti-Christmas! None of that foolish 'giving' nonsense. Taking! Taking of territory, of prized possessions! Don't make the day merry and bright! Make it depressing and dark!" he said, a bit overly happy about the opposite of Christmas. One of his arms was wrapped around your waist and he pulled you close to him. You felt yourself blush. 

Ah, Hell's Christmas. A time when you had to protect your things and yourself against people wanting to take everything. Normally it was referred to as Xmas, because nobody in Hell really wanted to use the word Christ in the name. But, Alastor was clever. He called it Anti-Christmas, presumably because of the anti-christ.

"I shouldn't be rude by not asking about you. How are you today, darling?" he asked, turning towards you and leaning on the (quite wobbly) railing. "I'm doing good, so far," you answered with a nervous glance at the railing. "That's wonderful to hear, my dear," he told you. You smiled, absolutely sure you were blushing under your fur. "Should we head over to that cafe?" Alastor asked you, taking his weight off the weak railing, and you watched it return to being straight up. You nodded with a smile. Alastor led the way, talking about the cafe and the 'misadventure' he had there once in the 1950s. Apparently he had killed someone when they told him that he didn't have the spine to.

{Timey skippey}

You and Alastor walked into the crowded cafe. And when I say crowded, I mean crowded. There was barely room for anyone to fit. People were pushing past each other, and an employee was getting into an argument with a bitchy customer. "I may have forgotten to mention it's very popular," Alastor told you. You smiled, trying not to show your nervousness.

The crowd...the crowd...SO MANY PEOPLE! "I would have selected another time, but surprisingly, this is one of the least crowded times," Alastor told you, putting a hand on your shoulder. You suddenly felt more...secure. More safe. You didn't have anything to worry about, really, but your social anxiety made it so that it felt like anyone at any moment would get mad at you for something. Alastor's hand on your shoulder just made you feel like you didn't have to worry about that. 

A demon who looked like an old schoolteacher looked at you and Alastor. She had a look in her eyes that your grandma had when she saw you with your prom date. The, "Aww look how cute!" look. "Are you on a date?" she asked. You froze. She asked the same question you had been asking yourself the whole time. Now you could find out the answer.

I hope you like this! I am sorry for the one week of no new chapters. But, I'm back now, and have a couple of chapters in the works still, so....

stay tuned.... 

 ^-^