Chapter six

(A/N) THIS WILL BE REVISED AS THE SHOW CONTINUES FOR THIS BOOK TO BE THE MOST LIKE THE SHOW AS POSSIBLE. THERE WILL NOT BE MANY UPDATES, JUST REALLY REVISIONS UNTIL I NEED TO UPDATE IT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

After a long day of work, you were finally caught up on the hotel's finances. You let out a sigh and stretched your fingers. They were cramping after you held a calculator for so long. You took your house keys out of your pocket and unlocked the door. The door creaked open and you switched on the lamp, lighting up the living room of you top-floor penthouse. You were looking for a home when the penthouse went on the market for dirt-cheap. Apparently the previous owner had been killed there and there was a hit on the address, but that didn't scare you. You bought the penthouse and when the hitmen came again, uniformed that the past owner had died, you threw a few choice words at them, and attacked them in your full-demon form. They scurried down the stairs and hadn't bothered you since then, about three months ago. You closed and locked your door, switching on the main lights. You dropped you purse at the door and sat on the couch, grabbing the remote and turning the TV on. "Sir Pentious and Cherri Bomb are still fighting for th-" the newscaster, Tom was saying. You changed the channel. Personally, you hated the news. As if it weren't bad enough on earth, it was even worse here. You flipped through all the channels. Nothing was on. Well, there were things on, but they were all pornos or shows about gangs. So, you turned the TV off and picked up a book...it was actually a book written about Alastor. When he first came to the hotel you wanted to know more about him so you purchased the book. You opened it up and were greeted by a horrific drawing of Alastor killing a bunch of demons. It was probably a mistake for you to buy the book, because it was making it harder for you to trust him. You shut the book and placed it back on the coffee table. Letting out a sigh, you decided to make some popcorn and watch a movie. While in the kitchen, placing the popcorn in the microwave, you heard a knock on the door, in a certain rhythm. "What the fuck is he doing here?" you muttered to yourself. You opened the door, and sure enough, there was Alastor. "Wha....Hello?" you greeted him. "Hello! You seem to have forgotten your identification card at the hotel!" he said holding out your ID card. "Oh...yeah...thanks!" You said, taking the card and hanging it on the hook next to the door. That was your hotel ID card, the one that was required for you to go into your office. Your mind was racing. Do I invite him in? you asked yourself. Yeah...it'd be polite. "W-would you like to come in?" You asked, opening the door wider. "I wouldn't want to intrude," Alastor said. "Oh, nah, you're not intruding! In fact, I was pretty dang bored, so some company would be nice!" you said. Somehow everything you said was cringy. "Well, in that case, I guess I will," he said. He walked in and you closed the door behind him. "Is there anything I can get you? Water, coffee, tea, anything to eat maybe?" you asked him. "Coffee would be nice," he replied. "Okay, I'll get that for you. Go ahead and take a seat wherever you'd like," you said with a smile. You walked into your kitchen and remembered something before walking back to the living room. "All I have is caffeinated, is that alright?" you asked. "Oh, yes dear. In fact, I prefer that," he said. With a nod, you walked back into the kitchen. As you put the little coffee pod in your ripoff Keurig, you yelled at yourself in your mind. Don't say anything embarrassing. Don't say anything nosy. Don't say anything thing you would think of as TMI. Don't do anything stupid! Act totally normal! you thought. You removed the first mug of coffee and started making the other one. Your mind flashed back to the feeling you had again, and figured you'd figure out what they really meant sometime. When the second mug was done, you brought both out and placed them on the coffee table. "Would you like any creamer?" you asked him. "No, thank you dear," he replied. You sat down across in the armchair that was at a right angle to him and drank some of your coffee, which was rather a cup of coffee with a quarter cup of creamer.  Alastor took a sip of his and cleared his throat before speaking. "So, how's the book?" he asked, gesturing towards your book about him. Crap! He's gonna think I'm a creep! you thought and internally slapped yourself. "Uh..it's uh...good! Uhm...I bought it..when you er...came to the...uh...hotel and I w-wanted to learn more a-about...um...you and uh...it's not, like, c-creepy of me to uh...h-have that book right?" you asked with a nervous chuckle. "Oh, it's alright! It's rather normal for someone to be curious, especially about someone with such a rich history as I!" he reassured you. You smiled.  There was a moment of awkward silence. "Is there anything you'd like to eat? I could make something if you haven't had dinner yet," You said with an awkward smile. "Oh, I wouldn't make you cook! If you'd like, we can go get dinner somewhere, if you haven't had dinner yet," he said. You felt yourself heating up, the feeling that you recognized from when you were blushing, when you were still alive. Luckily you had fur to hide it. Is he asking me out? Or is it just a friendly invite? you asked yourself. "I-if you'd like, I'd be happy with that," you said. My God, stop being so cringy! Or am I just acting normal? HOW AM I ACTING!? you thought to yourself. You both finished your coffee with, what seemed to you like awkward small-talk and headed out. (aight imma head out OH SORRY) Alastor told you about a very classy restaurant he went to often. You had asked him if you should get changed into something nicer, because you were just in your white skinny jeans, red, orange and yellow ombre shirt, and white denim jacket. "No, you'll be fine. Even if someone wanted to get mad at you, they never would since you'll be with me," he had said. This sent your mind whirling into even more thoughts. What does he mean, "you'll be with me"? Is this a date? Is it just friends having dinner? What the hell is going on?  You quickly reassured yourself, telling yourself that you were just overreacting. He probably just meant that you'd be sitting with him, not like...with him as in, a couple. Right? As you walked into the restaurant, you were amazed. Not only was it classy, but it looked like it was pulled straight out of the 1920's or 30's. Totally appropriate for Alastor. There was nice music playing, and candles at every table. 

(here's the music bitches)

You and Alastor sat down at a small table with two chairs, and the waiter gave you menus. "So, what would you recommend?" you asked Alastor. "You should try their bourbon glazed ham! It is absolutely delectable!" he said. You read the menu on it. "It does sound pretty good. I guess I'll try that then," you said with a smile. Just then, two demons walked by, obviously drunk. They looked like they were from the 1920's as well as quite a few people in the restaurant. "Boy, she's got it! What a doll!" one said, gesturing to you. Alastor's expression changed. "I bet he's stuck on her!" the other said. "He seems too upstage for her," the first one said with a chuckle. "She looks like quite the quiff though. She's got the bubs for it!" the other one said with a mean sounding laugh. Alastor's smile stayed on his face but his eyes darkened. He turned to look at the two demons. "How about you beat it, or would you like me to take you for a ride?" Alastor said, saying the last half of the sentence in his full demon form. The two demons' smiles faded and their eyes went wide. "Gee, I'm sorry fella!" the first one said, before walking away. "We're just zozzled rummies!" the  other one said innocently before he walked away quickly. Alastor returned back to normal. "What was all that?" you asked him. "Oh, they were saying insulting things, and I threatened to kill them," Alastor said, as if it were a normal thing to say. "What were they saying? I didn't understand half the words they were using," you asked. "They were basically saying you're attractive and calling you a prostitute. It's all 1920's terms," Alastor explained. "Oh, okay. Thanks for defending me," you said. "It's quite alright dear," Alastor replied. As you both carried on with you conversation, you started to feel that same butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling you had earlier. He was such a gentleman, and so nice! He had such a wonderful voice that you could listen to all day and his smile...WAIT! NO! You couldn't prove Domino right. You couldn't be having feelings for Alastor. He's just a nice guy that you're friends with, nothing more. But you couldn't hold back those feelings.

Crap!

So I hope you liked this chapter!! Those things the demons in the restaurant were saying are actually from a website called shotinthedarkmysteries.com/1920s-slang-terms-and-definitions/

Please vote and follow me for more updates! Also check out my HH one-shots book and please request something for me to write! Im desperate XD