Chapter 50

4 months later

"Excuse me what?", Nana shrieks as she turns to look at Minjung, eyes widened in surprise. "He what?"

"Don't shout, you idiot! Haru is sleeping", MinJung whispers as she pulls Nana to the couch. "Now, can you please calm down"

"B-but, you it's just—I mean—what?"

"I know it's too sudden. We were just talking randomly....but then it led to him asking that. And...I wasn't prepared for it"

Nana feels her thoughts perplexing as she pinches the side of her forehead with her fingers, blowing her cheeks calming her shaken self.

"He proposed to you...with a ring....?"

MinJung nods in slow motion, pressing her lips into a thin line, anxious to see Nana's reaction.

"Oh wow", Nana relaxes into the couch, eyes looking everywhere as she thinks. "I wasn't prepared for that"

"I know"

Nana looks at her friend being so deep in thoughts, perhaps doubting if she is prepared to get married again. And with someone she has known barely a year. It might be too early but then, who knows?

"MinJung", she calls her, tugging on her arms at the same time. "I don't want to stop you or make the decision for you. Does Namjoon makes you and Haru happy?"

"Yes, all the time"

"Do you feel happy when he's with you? Genuinely happy?"

"Yes"

"Do you see yourself happy with him, as a family?"

MinJung gulped at the question, feeling herself think longer this time. It's not that she doubts Namjoon wouldn't make her happy, but she doubts herself of starting a new family. Going through all the experience once again. Will Haru and her be alright?

"Look at me. Time doesn't measure your love, do you know that? If being with him means you'll feel happy for a long time, I see no reason for you to say no"

"I am happy, very happy. Nana, I had never been this happy ever since I lost Soobin. Haru too, she loves Namjoon so much. We love him too much to the point, it feels empty if we don't have him around us"

Nana smiles, feeling so touched as her heart softens listening to MinJung's honest words about having Namjoon in her life. Her wish for MinJung to finally meet someone that can fix her has come true. There is nothing else she could wish for except to see her be happy for a long time.

Every day she wished for God to gift MinJung someone that can look after her and Haru. Someone with a genuine kind heart, warm and gentle. Someone that would put MinJung and Haru as his priorities and do whatever it takes to make them feel safe and secured. Never knew today would be the day her wish came true.

"Well then, I guess you got your answer", she chuckles to herself. "All that is left for him to meet your parents, doesn't it?"

-

Nana stayed late at work that night, wanting to clear the old books on the shelves before the new stocks come in tomorrow morning. They take turns every month, and this month is her turn. Jimin offered to help but then when Nana found out he has a date with Gyuri, she shooed him away.