Chapter 10

MinJung lets out a soft sigh as she closed the door after seeing Nana and Taehyung off. Many questions float at the back of her head, thinking about that one look Namjoon gave Taehyung when he suggested that Taehyung should follow Nana. It was quick, like the strike of the lightning but she caught the knowing stare. It was that kind of stare you give when you're hinting something but wouldn't want to make it obvious. As if, they know something that she does not know off.

"Detective Namjoon", she calls him softly, making his head flicks up from the story book he was reading out loud for Haru.

"Y-Yes?"

"Is there something that I need to know about Taehyung?"

Mother's intuitions—they are seldom wrong.

-

Nana's face twitches as she searched the shelves of juices at the grocery store, thinking about restocking MinJung's fridge as she shops for some light grocery. She suggested that they cook some light supper aside from just buying food from the street stalls. Taehyung didn't talk much when they were ordering Haru's favorite fried cheese stick at the stall beside the road a moment ago. All he did was watch and listen, smiling occasionally as Nana chats with the middle-aged lady behind the stall.

As soon as they entered the small grocery store, Taehyung asked if she plans to cook anything for Haru and Minjung tonight and, to his surprise, Nana's answer stunned him.

"I am cooking for all of you", she said, her eyes still glued at the variety of fruit juices lined in front of her.

"But it's okay. I thought we are getting—"

"It's MinJung's way of saying thank you. She told me Haru looks so happy when both of you were playing with her at the house. She told me she feels indebted to you and Detective Namjoon for making her daughter so happy, perhaps the happiest she has ever been"

Taehyung could feel himself wanting to smile, a sudden hint of shyness creeps all the way to his face making him look down automatically. It feels good to hear something nice about him once in a while, and to think that it comes from someone he barely knows. He has no idea how it came to this, meeting Nana, and then meeting MinJung and her very cute and adorable daughter, Haru. He loves Haru so much—he loves kids in general—but Haru is that one polite little girl that deems to make everyone who knows her, falls in love with her.

A strange chain of events he must say, from just watching Nana from Jungkook's workplace, almost memorizing her daily routine at work, to getting to know her, and to this. A fast-paced change that he can barely catch up, to be frank, he still feels everything that has been happening is just a virtual dream.

"Nana?"

The voice startled them, making them turn their heads at the man in dark-grey loose sweater, his fair complexion smooth, eyes like the crescent moon and his adorable dumpling cheeks. He looks like high-school kid, but then the energy he oozes is just entirely intimidating and very manly.

 He looks like high-school kid, but then the energy he oozes is just entirely intimidating and very manly