Chapter 38

"You look as if you just have been sentenced to death", Jihyo chuckles to herself as she looks at her friend all miserable sitting at the cashier.

Nana runs both her hands in her hair, making a mess of her long untied hair as she groans sounding regretful.

"I am dead. I am dead. What have I done. It has been two weeks since that drunk incident and Detective Kim is nowhere to be seen. I bet he feels uncomfortable and he is just avoiding me. What have I done. Why must I bluntly say that I love him just like that I just—"

"Girl, get a grip", Jihyo cuts in, snapping her eyebrows feeling confused at Nana's sudden outbreak. "How are you so sure he is avoiding you?"

"For the past three months, he never once disappeared—I mean, not come to the coffee shop and gets his drink. And now, it has been two weeks and he has not come even once. I am sure he is avoiding me—oh god, I am screwed"

Jihyo watches as Nana slumps her head onto the table, feeling distressed and it has been like this for the past 2 weeks. As much as she tries to convince that it's not the case, Nana is just too restless to even think straight. She did ask Nana to push those thoughts away, and think of something else but to no avail.

"I'll talk to JK"

"No"

"Why not?

"I don't need to be embarrassed any further. Enough of me confessing my one-sided love to Detective Kim and now you want to drag JK into this mess?"

Jihyo wanted to reply but Nana stopped her, signalling that she disagrees completely.

"No"

-

"Can you please not look dead?", MinJung pokes her waist, handing a cup of warm coffee to her before joining Nana at the table. "You look like you just lost your favorite photocard"

"Shut up", Nana rolled her eyes as she pulls the mug closer to her. "I don't want to hear it"

"Look at the bright side, at least you spilled all your feelings without having to think twice. One burden gone", MinJung winks at her, laughing when Nana shoot daggers instead.

"Shut it"

"Come on Nana, it has happened. There is nothing to be done now. If he is going to talk about it, he will. If he respects you, he will not talk about it. I am sure Detective Kim wouldn't point it out, knowing that you confessed to him when you're drunk"

"The thing is, how did I not realize it was him and not Jimin. How did I end up being too drunk—oh god, I hate myself", she sighs again.

Nana feels herself getting all worked up, a strange mix of emotions balling inside her despite her head wanting everything to just stop. She couldn't be at ease, thinking about her one little mistake that maybe, has made Taehyung feels uncomfortable to see her thus he ended up not dropping by the coffee shop anymore. It has been two weeks, yet Taehyung is nowhere to be seen.

Jihyo did suggest that she ask Jungkook about it, but she rejected the suggestion. Her excuse was she doesn't want Jungkook to be getting any ideas. Well, he should know about it already since Taehyung and him are really close.

"I want to disappear", she whines to herself. "I want to run away from here. I can't face him—not like this"

MinJung drums her fingers on the table, worried upon seeing her friend in such a terrible state for the past 2 weeks. She did all she could to make Nana feels better but it didn't work. Nothing works and to be honest, she feels guilty that she had to lie to her. But Namjoon did say not to say anything about Taehyung.