Chapter 48

"Oh—you must be Beomgyu then"

Beomgyu squints his eyes, half surprised and half suspicious at Taehyung knowing his name while he knows nothing of him. He steps back, scanning Taehyung top to bottom as he crossed his arms.

"Beomgyu?"

Both of them turned to the sound of Nana's voice. Nana walks towards them with a surprise look on her face, stunned to find her brother right before her eyes.

"You didn't tell me you're coming back?", she pulled him into a hug, casually running her fingers in his hair, making a mess. "You're back for the winter holiday?"

"Noona, do you know this guy?", he points to Taehyung. "He has been standing here for quite some time"

Nana turns to look at Taehyung, chuckling when Beomgyu stares at him as if he is a threat. "This is Taehyung. He in a police officer and—"

"Your sister's boyfriend"

Three of them jumped when Inspector Shin suddenly appeared beside them, smiling sheepishly as he pats on Taehyung's back, giving him a warm welcome. None of them move nor speak when Inspector Shin laughs in amazement at their reaction to his abrupt appearance.

Nana rolled her eyes when Taehyung winks at her when her father, gladly introduced him to her brother as her boyfriend. The smirk on his face becomes wider when her father hugs his shoulder and invites him in and leaving both his children.

Did her father just choose Taehyung over Beomgyu and her

Did her father just choose Taehyung over Beomgyu and her....?

"You're back, Beomgyu! Just in time for dinner. Now, let's get in and have some good dinner, shall we? We have a lot to catch up!"

-

Nana sits at the edge of her room, feeling so full after dinner and wanting to do nothing but rest. Her father and Taehyung are still at the dining table, continuing their meal with some drinks. Beomgyu has long gone escaped to his room, excusing himself to catch up some sleep.

It feels a little strange to finally process everything. Things happened, so many things. So many changes. Expected and unexpected—everything.

Going down memory lane, flashbacks stirring in as images from the first time she saw Taehyung from across the street. She remembers that pair of sharp eyes scanning the street before crossing it, his soft hair blown by the soft wind. She remembers how undeniable attractive he looked that day. He was 101% sure he was either a fashion model or maybe, from the modelling industry with that kind of look.