Chapter 45

Minjung stands at her door, heart suddenly beating fast at the sight of Namjoon smiling at her from the wooden gate outside of her small house. After all this time, she still reacts like this and it makes her furious. Denying all those growing feelings is so consuming but she couldn't think of anything else.

How is it possible for her to fall for a guy when she is widowed with a child? What would people think if she dates a man all while having a child to look after?

She has been thinking about this meticulously and even talked to her mother. She is lucky to have a loving mother that deeply understands her and never skeptical about her life. Her mother told her to follow what her heart says and see where it leads you.

But it leads to her falling in love with Namjoon

"You're not going to invite me in?", his deep voice snapped her out of her thoughts, making her look up.

She looks at him again, feeling so happy just at the sight of him grinning sweetly at her. How on earth does he look like this? Tall and handsome, gentle and well-mannered, kind-hearted and loving. Also, endearingly clumsy at times, breaking things and walking into poles at times. But, everything about him is just lovable and it makes her feel like she's falling for him more and more each time they meet.

"I need to fetch Haru", she walks out of the door, closing it behind her. "Let's fetch her together?"

-

Nana 🍓:

You're still at the station?

Taehyung reads the text and then he quickly looks at the time, sighing to himself realizing that he lost track of time. He was helping out with the new case, not realizing hours have passed and it's getting really dark already.

Taehyung :

I am sorry, I didn't look at the time. Are you still at the bookstore? I'll go to you.

Nana 🍓:

Stay there. I'll go to you. Do your work first. I'll let you know once I am there😘

Nana laughs to herself as she stands in front of the station, putting her phone back into the pocket of her maroon jacket as she walks in. It's not her first time coming to the station. She visited her father many times and this place is no stranger to her. But it's weird that she had never bumped into Taehyung, not even once. Well, this main station is not that small either, so it makes sense.

Walking straight to reception table, she smiles at the new receptionist when she stands up, bowing slightly to her.

"Good Evening Miss, how may I help you?"