Chapter 46

"They really love Haru, don't they?"

Nana smiles watching both Taehyung and Namjoon entertaining Haru at the living room. They don't seem to look tired at all, playing with her even after having a very long day at work. But it's good to see Haru loving their company. She has been asking about Taehyung countless times and Nana really had no definite answer for her.

It's great that things are finally going back to normal

"You and Namjoon doing alright?"

MinJung chuckles to the sound of Nana's question, finding it funny. "It's just like that. I don't want to hope too much"

"You really like him, don't you?"

"I do", she sighs to herself. "I really really do. But, it's going to be hard for me to tell him this. Wouldn't it be unfair for him?"

"What do you mean?"

"Namjoon is very kind, very loving and very perfect. And I am widower. He deserves to go out for dates with many other single ladies out there. Not with me. I am...I don't know how to say this. But, it's hard for me to tell him. I don't want to sound selfish but, I just sometimes, wish things can go easy for me and Haru"

"Min Jung, tell me. And don't lie to me"

"What?"

"Are you in love with him?"

There was no hint of joking in Nana's questions—it was a straight up serious one. And Min Jung knows, Nana wants an honest answer. To be truthful, she herself wants an answer too. It has been countless nights of lying awake, staring at the ceiling, and just thinking about Namjoon. People would say she is crazy for falling in love so quick, but, when a man like Namjoon appears in your life, even the moon and the sun would fall for him.

"I am...I am in love with Namjoon"

She finally said it, loud and clear. For Nana and for herself. Finally. And it took her entire guts to confess those words in light and be honest to herself.

"I am in love with you too"

-

Startled at the sound of Namjoon's voice coming from behind her, MinJung froze at her seat, unsure on what to do. Looking up in slow motion, she turns around. Namjoon is there, standing at the small living room and to her realization, the space has fallen into a deafening silence. It feels like there's only Namjoon and her in the living room, and everything else just disappears.