Chapter 5

Taehyung smiles as he waves to Haru at the door before turning to her mother, bowing slightly as he smiles

Taehyung smiles as he waves to Haru at the door before turning to her mother, bowing slightly as he smiles. Nana tails behind him, giving Min Jung a quick hug before closing the door behind her. She insists that they leave so that Haru doesn't miss her bedtime and Min Jung can get the rest before going for work tomorrow morning. Nana waits till Min Jung finally closed the door before she turns around to head straight out of the wooden gate, where Taehyung is standing.

"Detective Kim"

Snapping out of his thoughts, he turns around to find Nana looking at him with a straight face. He clears his throat, putting on his poker face despite feeling the tiny jitter of nervousness crawling up his skin.

"Your friend and her daughter are very lovely". He rubs the back of his neck, smiling to himself as he remembers how he really enjoyed his time with Haru.

"Yes, they are". Nana nods to herself. "Actually, I would like to thank you for entertaining Haru. She seems to really....really like you"

Taehyung's eyes flick up to meet hers, staring at her blankly as he gulps slowly. He is still digesting the fact that he spent hours in the house—a stranger's house—and also with Nana. Yes, Nana, the girl he has been watching for the past few weeks. The sole reason he walks to the coffee shop every morning, despite hating coffee, because he was smitten by her at first sight.

But nobody needs to know that

"I-I don't mind"

"Thank you again. Please have a good rest Detective Kim", she bows slightly, curving a smile as she looks at him.

"Which way are you heading?", he suddenly asked, catching Nana off guard.

"E-Eh?", she stutters. "What do you mean?"

"It's too late already. I'll walk you home"

"N-No it is fine"

"I insist. It's very late, miss. And I am a police officer, it's my job to keep you safe"

-