Chapter 2

Nana slumps onto her bed, feeling the soreness around her shoulders after working the entire day at the bookstore. Nevertheless, she still feels so satisfied that she gets to the things she really loves as a job. No matter how exhausted she would get by the end of the day, it's worth it.

"Was there anything on the post box today?"

She turns to look at the door, stood there is her one and only housemate, Maya. Maya is of course, the eccentric friend. She is a total extrovert, loves being at the centre of the crowd and definitely enjoys the company of many people. Maya calls herself the odd one amidst her siblings. Her traits somehow are the total opposite of her sister and her brother. Both her siblings work as doctors in the city and she respects them for following the footsteps on their parents. But Maya had a different plan.

Maya is a flight attendant

"Another note and also a box of strawberry milk. As always, placed on the bookstore's post box", Nana rolls to the front reaching for the small brown paper bag and the little paper folder beneath it. "And also, I found another note in a book today"

Maya turns to her, eyebrows raised. "How many admirers do you have for god sake?"

"Shut up"

"This person has been leaving strawberry milk and random notes for you every morning. First, how does he know that brand of milk is your favorite? Second, how the hell he knows you love reading poetry?"

Nana lets out a sigh, feeling so lost as she thinks about the recent things that has been happening. Ever since about 2 weeks ago, a stranger has been leaving a small paper bag containing a box of strawberry milk and also a small note on top of the post box of the bookstore. At first, she thought someone might have misplaced it thus she just left it there. But then the next day when she was about to open the bookstore, she saw the same paper bag still resting nicely on the wooden post box. Curiosity at its best, she decided to check on it just to find that it's a new paper bag with a different colored paper folded and pasted on the strawberry milk.

She hesitated on unfolding the small paper, wanting to read the words but then she had to find out about this strange paper bag. So, she finally opened the note.

"The strawberry milk is for you, Nana. And this note is for you. I saw that you left the paper bag here yesterday. Hahaha, it's okay. Could be that I took you by surprise. I hope you have a wonderful day at the bookstore today. Don't forget to take rest in between your work, read some poems and maybe, drink the strawberry milk. Have a good day ! "

"Nanaaaaaa, were you listening?". Maya's voice broke her chain of thoughts, making her look up to find her standing in front of her.

"What? I am sorry I wasn't listening"

"I am flying to London tomorrow, lay over for two days and then I'll be back here. Do you want anything?"

That's Maya. The kind-hearted little gem everyone wish they have in their life. She always, always asks if Nana needs anything whenever she flies and even when she said no, Maya would end up buying a lot of stuffs just for her. She would buy souvenirs, sometimes shoes or clothes and at times, a lot of chocolates too.

She is grateful for all the blessings she has received till today. Looks like life has been looking good ever since she lost the most important person in her life—her mother.

-

The chimes of the bell coming from the entrance makes both Nana and Jihyo turns to look at the door, giving each other a glance when the usual guy, "Mr Beanie", walks in. As usual, he will be decked in his brown oversize coat, a black knitted beanie that hides his hair and half of his forehead, a black face mask that covers half of his face. He gives nothing but a mysterious vibes every single time he comes to the bookstore.