Chapter 34

Slumping herself onto her own big comfy bed, yawning as she stares up the ceiling of her room. Her mind, as usual, reflecting on everything that had happened today. Sometimes she wonders if things are going well, or, going too well and it bothers her. There are so many unexplainable things, weird occurrences driving her total lunacy at times.

Seokjin came back

To be brutally honest with herself, there is nothing left in her heart for Seokjin. Two years was enough for her to heal herself and she doesn't want to look back. Not even for a second. Seokjin has become a history—a forgotten chapter—of her entire life. She knows Seokjin wants to explain everything, but she is not ready to hear him out. She still thinks he doesn't deserve it. Whatever it is, nothing should come in her way of wanting to live the way she wants.

And there is Detective Kim

And also, the strange incident of the brown paper bag, the post box guy.

"Why am I connecting these dots. It's impossible"

"What is impossible?"

Startled to the sudden sound of Maya's voice, quickly lifting her head up seeing her standing at her door, still in her cabin crew uniform. Looks like she just got back from her recent flight.

"Nothing"

Maya walks towards her bed, one hand pulling the scarf around her neck and going straight on her head, pulling the hairclips that holds her head in a bun. Shaking her head as she sits at the edge of Nana's bed, massaging her shoulders.

"Nana, what dots are you even connecting. What connection are you talking about? Please don't speak science or chemisty or whatever. I failed both subjects. Speak the human's language please, thank you."

Pushing herself up, she turns to her friend with a straight face, "Why do I like Detective Kim so much, I don't even get my own self"

"What kind of question is this?"

"No—I mean, why do I like him so much? I mean, it's too much that sometimes it hurts. It's like, you like someone so much but that's that. There's nothing to be done"

"We need a reason to like someone?", it was more like a statement than a question.

"Sometimes, I wish we have a reason for liking someone. So that we know"

"You don't need a reason to like something or someone. Sometimes, it's their existence. Maybe you like him because he is him. He is Detective Kim, and you like him because he is Detective Kim. There is no scientific explanation for being attracted to someone. Or maybe there is, I don't know. But, if you like him, you like him. Don't ask yourself why. You'll find out but it comes at the right time"

Maya's words hit her like a solid rock, making her heart clenches in pain all of a sudden. It's a blatant truth to admit that she is, beyond words, so attracted to Detective Kim. And it's going out of hand.

'Na young-ah, tell him. Tell him. You're young. If pain is what you need to feel, you will feel it. If happiness if what you need to feel, you will feel it. Tell him"

-

Looking at the same brown paper bag on the post box, Nana sighs to herself as she takes it and walks into the bookstore. Jimin had helped her with the opening, telling her that he will be doing all the heavy works and she doesn't need to trouble herself anymore.