Chapter 26 - Stefan vs Kat Vervain Edition and Mason New To Fort

Salvatore Boarding House
3rd POV

When Stefan woke from a dream of making out with Katherine only to find said woman of said nightmare it'd be a lie to say he wasn't annoyed.

He huffed and crossed his arms over his chest "Why are you here?"

She pouts and that's when he sees some of the major differences between Lena and her. As much as he loves Lena he knows it's more brother/sister.

With Katherine he used to actually love her.

With Caroline he's almost absolutely sure that she's his mate, he just doesn't know how to tell her that.

"Because I wanted to see you. I missed you, Stefan. Indulge me for a little while please?" She asks with that stupid pout still in place.

Stefan holds in a sigh and asks "Why are you back in town?"

Katherine replies "3 reasons you, you and you."

Stefan snorts "You see, I can't quite get that down. Just kind of. . . Gets stuck in my throat."

Katherine shrugs. "Well, you know, it's the truth. Deep down inside that gorgeous body of yours there's the Stefan that fell in love with me too."

Stefan takes a deep breath and says "what do you want?"

Katherine looks at him, thinking about how much she wants that moonstone and how much she wants him. "I want you Stefan."

Stefan shakes his head and rolls his eyes as he carefully reaches around to grab vervain "No you don't. Why are you really here?"

She pouts again "I wanted to talk about us."

He rolls his eyes "there's no us."

"Yes there is" she tells him. "I mean that's why you came back right? To be with me? You wanted Elena and since she doesn't seem interested you can just have me instead of my doppelgänger."

He looks at her and he vamps to "You're right, no matter what I just can't get over you" he pulls her close and slams the vervain into her neck and he lets her drop.

He carry's her downstairs into the cellar and ties her up with vervain ropes.
————————————————
Gilbert Residence

The morning after the full moon I woke up snuggled next to Damon on the couch with a blanket draped over us.

After I made us breakfast me and Damon were waiting for Tyler and Mason to show up. Damon was playing a video game with Jeremy and Anna Online and I was sitting on the couch crocheting lace parts for a dress that I was going to hand sew during my free time that seems to be increasing even with school going on.

The door bell rings. Considering Damon and Jeremy's video gaming and the fact that Jenna and Alaric are on a date I get up and answer it.

I see Tyler standing outside with his hands in his pockets and Mason looking around curiously.

"Hey Tyler. You know you like live here right?" I ask him. Seriously. He doesn't even need to knock anymore.

"Sorry" He says sheepishly as his cheeks turn a little pink.

I roll my eyes. "It's not a big deal Tyler just, you know, open the door next time and shout HONEY IM HOME or something and we'll know you arrived."

Mason snorts and looks at me amused "you make it sound like you're married to each other."

I snort and shake my head, holding back a laugh "Yeah, we're not gonna do that."

He raises an eyebrow and asks while looking at his nephew "Dating?"