Chapter 18 - Miss Mystic Falls

Gilbert Residence
3rd POV morning after the ritual

It was two in the afternoon when they woke up, strangely enough at the same time.

Elena noticed how close they were and just sighed. Sure she was uncomfortable by how close they are but she just feels so tired.

Damon is blinking to wake himself up more and he groans, he feels something soft on his shoulder and notices Lena yawning and stretching her arms while Tyler just leans back on the arm rest and watches her.

He doesn't blame him, she's perfect, not that she'd accept them saying that, not yet, but, she had to have let something go last night right? He feels pretty good, lighter in his heart. It makes him wonder how big her hurt inside is, has she ever actually let it out? Because he can almost feel the strain inside her heart now.

Tyler is watching her with a small smile flickering on his face, he knows getting to the point where she'll be with him or anyone won't be easy. She smiles, she laughs, she has fun. But it's the pain that he didn't actually get to see until yesterday how deep it was and he can't help the sinking feeling inside him that it's deeper then the think it is.

Otherwise wouldn't she trust easier? Then again she does? Or does she just not care what happens to herself anymore?

How do you get someone to open up who doesn't want to accept that they're awake? That what's happening around them is real and not some dream or coma thing? Isn't that like trying to tell a ghost they died?

After Elena is done yawning she sees both boys watching her. "Do I have drool on my face or something?" She asks curiously.

They both shake their heads with smirks on their faces now. They act friendly when she's around, she wonders if they're actually friends now.

She will admit she feels lighter, she will admit that she accepted that the things that happened to her she couldn't stop, again, she accepted it again. But even then maybe she didn't really? She still felt heavy in her heart. But it never mattered did it? You feel the pain or the words and you let it roll off your back and go again right? But then again she's in a coma dream or something so maybe her body is fighting to wake up?

———————————————————

Salvatore Boarding House
3rd POV

It was Thursday now and Stefan knew he needed to get himself under control, he wanted to be, but he just couldn't. He looks around for Damon. He hasn't seen him much during the weekend and when he returned on Monday he just seemed tired, but happy.

He wasn't sure if he should feel happy for his brother or worried that they'll both go off the rails now, isn't his brother only happy when he goes off the rails or with Kathrine? What if  they kill somebody they both care for, like Elena. . He bets if he was dating Elena he'd be over this by now. But that's a childish thought isn't it?

He gets ready for school and drinks a blood bag and then hops into his car and heads out.

——————————————————————
Founders Hall
3rd POV

Damon is with a few council members now.

"There was a disturbance at the hospital blood bank last night; some of the supply was compromised." Sheriff Forbes tells them.