Chapter 24 - Katherine looks High and Tyler n Mason have a chat

Salvatore Boarding House

I'm watching Caroline and Stefan interact and I have to admit that they are SO SO adorable!

I know, I know Caroline is still with Matt and a small part of me wants that to work out for her . .but Matt always kind of put her down you know? Or was mentally abusive towards her.

Sure the way he worded things sometimes make him sound nice or something, but I never really cared for how he talked down to her or how she just took it. Caroline deserves better then that.

I focus back on the conversation when I see Tyler speak up.

"I'm going over to my parents to hang out with my Uncle tonight." Tyler tells us.

I nod and ask "Do you need backup?"

Tyler rolls his eyes and says "No, I don't expect my father to put up a fuss. Whenever he sees me now he has this weird worried but calculating look on his face."

"Hmm" Damon hums out "maybe we should've let him die"

Tyler's head snaps towards Damon's and he snarls "No"

Damon rolls his eyes "He hit Elena." He says as if it justifies the thought of it.

Tyler stiffens and lets out a harsh breath and then growls out "I know, the only thing that kept me from snapping his neck was her!" He gestures to me and my mouth pops open in shock.

Damon replies with his own growl "He still deserves to die for it."

I stand up and shout "ENOUGH, it was a hit, I survived, I got over it. I'm sure you're 100 and something year old self can get over it too."

I see Damon's jaw tighten and Tyler's jaw slacken in surprise. . And god why does Caroline look so horrified by this conversation? I see her mumbling to herself looking very worried.

Fuck. "You just got over it?" Damon practically yells.

I look at Damon with a frown and shrug and tell him "Sure, I'd be fine with killing him for Tyler though." I look to Tyler who is just staring at me surprised. . . Hmm. .

Tyler asks confused "But he HIT you."

I shrug again and ask back still frowning "Well yeah, I couldn't have let him hurt you could I?"

"Doesn't it upset you that you got hit?" Tyler asks starting to get upset and I see Damon looking between us, his face thoughtful.

Caroline looks to be balling her hands into fists and Stefan looks like he's struggling with his vamp face.

I shrug again and say honestly "Not really, it bothers me that he's hurt you though. So I'll protect you. But no him slapping me doesn't upset me. I've been hit harder, it's not really a big deal, besides, I stepped into it. I made a choice and I won't regret it because it was worth it."

Okay now Tyler looks upset and Damon looks down right pissed. Huh.

I frown my brows "what?" Then both of them leave the room quickly . . Uhhh. . . "I said they could kill him, I mean he is an abusive father."

Stefan and Caroline are just starring at me. "What?" I ask them.

"You, you. Ugh. God you've become so dense." Caroline snaps and Stefan nods in agreement.

Stefan looks at Caroline and then says "She really has huh?" 

Caroline nods rigorously and says matter of factly "Hmph, she so has. Although now I understand why she didn't notice anyone being interested in her."