You Need Me Part 1 (Imagine)

Y/N POV:

As I make my way to class, I'm suddenly shoved extremely hard in the side, sending me crashing into the lockers next to me. I quickly regain my balance and roll my eyes. Sadly, I've grown used to this kind of thing, it's been happening ever since I moved to this school around 6 months ago. Being an outsider is difficult but being the outsider who is also a massive nerd means I'm an even bigger target. But, it's going to take a lot more than shoving and name-calling to affect me, I dealt with a lot worse at my old school. There's only a few more months to go, until I'm flying to the other side of the country to attend one of the best Universities there is.

I arrive to class a couple of minutes late and quickly scurry to my seat, as a few names are thrown my way. Our teacher, an old man who I'm pretty sure is deaf, doesn't even seem to notice the swear words that are being called out in my direction. I don't even bother to gift them with a reaction, I just take my seat and open my textbook. The main instigator for the teasing is Brendon, probably the biggest jock in the school. He is easily the most popular guy in the girl and it's kind of hilarious to watch all the girls swoon as he walks past them in the corridor. Sure, he's a good looking guy but he has absolutely no personality, which instantly makes him unattractive in my eyes.

Throughout the class I can hear Brendon making comments about me, then sniggering amongst his cronies. But, again, I don't bother to give them a reaction. Like I said before, I've dealt with way worse so they'll have to try harder if they want a response from me. Eventually, the class draws to a close and everyone hurries to get out of the classroom.

"Not so fast Brendon, remain in your seat please" The teacher calls out and Brendon lets out a massive groan as he slumps back into his seat. I can't help but smirk as the grin is wiped straight off his face.

"Y/N, I just need to collect something, can you wait here? I want to give your essay back, I'll only be a few minutes" He asks and I nod, hovering by his desk.

"What are you smirking at?" Brendon calls and I quickly whip my head round to face him.

"Nothing really. Did you even bother to do the essay?" I ask and Brendon has the grace to look guilty.

"Why do you care?" He snaps, glaring at me.

"I know for a fact that you need B's minimum to get into your school of choice, right? Well, lucky for you I'm a straight A student. You need me, Brendon. So, instead of acting like a child and calling me all those stupid names, you could let me help you" I say, shocking myself with the words coming out of my mouth. Why am I offering to help him?

"There's got to be a catch, surely?" He asks, eyeing me suspiciously.

"No catch. You stop the pathetic name-calling and tell your so-called friends to stop shoving me and I'll help you" I say, crossing my arms so he knows I'm fully serious. He takes a moment to consider my offer.

"Fine. In my defence, I always thought you were okay actually. How will this work then?" He asks.

"Here's my number. Text me the days you don't have sports practise and we'll meet up for tutoring sessions. Remember that you need me Brendon, so don't try bunking off" I say, not bothering to hide my smirk this time. I slip him a piece of paper with my number on and head out of the classroom.

"Y/N! Your essay!" The teacher calls after me as I head out of the school.

"Sorry Sir, can we talk about it next lesson?" I ask, not bothering to wait for a response.

I have a feeling that things are about to get very interesting.