Hospital (Fluff)

*POTENTIAL TRIGGER WARNING*

You were home alone, as Brendon had gone out of town for some meetings about his upcoming tour. You didn't particularly like being on your own, but this time it was worse as you felt really unwell. It wasn't the typical common cold, it was a stabbing pain in your stomach. It stopped you doing even the most basic of tasks, because you were in so much pain that it hurt to move. However, you needed to go to the grocery store because Brendon would be home the next day and your house had no food in it. If you had your own way, you wouldn't go at all but it's the least you could do for Brendon.

You winced as you got dressed and found yourself doubling over because the pain was so intense. How were you going to manage to go outside? The room span slightly as you stood up straight and started making your way out of the house. Luckily, the grocery store wasn't too far away so you decided to walk instead of risking it by driving.

It took twice as long to get there, as you kept stopping because you were sure you were going to be sick. You welcomed the air conditioning of the store, as the heat outside was making you feel even more light headed. You walked slowly round the store, filling the cart with all of Brendon's favourite foods. You made sure to stock up on beer, as it's basically what Brendon lives off of. 

As you made your way to the till, your ears began ringing loudly, drowning out every other noise. Your vision went all patchy and you felt the room spinning violently. A white hot pain shot through your body and before you could do anything, you had hit the floor with a loud thud.

*4 Hours Later*

You could hear people talking and a constant bleeping. Slowly, you open your eyes and blink a few times, to adjust to the light. After a few moments, you realise you're in a hospital and you have an IV line running into your arm. You turn to the right and see a friendly Nurse, noting down your blood pressure.

"What happened?" You ask, still unsure what you're doing in hospital.

"You collapsed in the grocery store, so an ambulance was called. You had acute appendicitis, so the Doctors took you in for emergency surgery. It went very well, but you'll need to stay in for a couple of days for observation. Your blood pressure was slightly abnormal and you were very dehydrated, but you're on a drip to correct that. Oh and your partner called, he's on his way. He was waiting to catch the next flight home" The Nurse explained, before leaving the room to check on her other patients.

You close your eyes and manage to get some sleep. For some reason, you're absolutely exhausted even though all you've done is lay in a hospital bed. But, before long, you're woken up by someone gently shaking you.

"Y/N? Y/N, it's me." You hear a familiar voice say, but this time it's laced with concern.

"Brendon, I'm so sorry" You say, not really sure what you're sorry for. You hold his hand and he strokes yours gently, instantly making you feel so calm.

"Hey, what are you sorry for? You couldn't help it. I was so worried though babe, I ran to the airport and they put me on the next flight luckily. But, nobody would tell me what was going on, only that you'd collapsed and were in surgery." Tears form in Brendon's eyes. You can tell just how shaken up he is and it breaks your heart. 

You lean over and kiss him gently, he kisses back and whispers "I love you" in between kisses. 

"I love you Brendon, I'm sorry you were so worried. The Nurse said everything went okay and that I'm just in for precaution as I was dehydrated too. But, I'll be home before you know it" You smile, it's unreal the amount of love you have for this one human. 

Sorry that was so shit, really struggling with writing at the moment.