Brendon, NO! (Fluff)

*MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING*

*REQUESTED*

Y/N POV:

I click on my chat with Brendon to see that he read my messages nearly 2 hours ago. I send another one with just question marks, there is no way he is getting away with not replying to me. All I asked was if he was okay, because I'm a good friend like that.

He's been AWOL for a few days now. It's not the first time he's done it, but I'm getting bad vibes about it this time. I saw him nearly a week ago and he seemed like a completely different person. He was more withdrawn, almost as if he was on autopilot. He assured me that he was okay, but I've known him since we were 5. Sometimes I think I know him better than I know myself. I've made a deal with myself that if I still haven't heard from him by the evening, then I'm going to go to his house. In the past, he's shut himself away in his studio but he always messages eventually, apologising for disappearing off the face of the Earth. I really hope he's okay.

*A Few Hours Later*

Left on read, again. This time I don't even bother to follow up my message with another one. I grab my car keys from off the table and head over to his house as quick as I possibly can (while not breaking the law). Luckily for me and unfortunately for him, I know where he keeps his spare key so even if he doesn't answer, I'm still going in.

I pull up behind his car on his driveway and notice an upstairs light out. So, he hasn't skipped the country. I knock on the door and wait patiently. After a couple of minutes, I knock again, slightly harder this time. Pulling out my phone, I call him but it goes straight to voicemail. I hunt down his spare key and let myself in.

"Brendon, it's Y/N. I know you're in the house, you can't avoid me forever" I say, searching the downstairs rooms. Empty takeaway cartons litter the kitchen and there's bits of scrunched up paper everywhere. I hear a clattering from upstairs and quickly head up there.

"Brendon, please. I wanna help you, just talk to me" I call out, heading into his bedroom. His bed hasn't been made, his sheets are all crumpled up. His ensuite door is closed but I can see that the light is on from the crack under the door. I knock on the door but he doesn't answer.

"Right, I'm coming in" I say and to my surprise, the door isn't locked. I head into the room and all the blood immediately drains from my face. There, sat on the floor is Brendon, blood dripping from his arm.

"BRENDON" I yell, quickly grabbing a towel from by the bath.

"What have you done?" I ask, pressing the towel against his arm. Tears are streaming down my face at this point, but I try to remain as calm as possible.

"It got too much" He says, staring straight through me like a zombie.

I use one of my hands to keep the towel pressed against him and I wrap my other arm around him, pulling him as close to me as possible.

"Please don't do this again, okay? Talk to me, talk to anyone but please don't do this. I love you and I cannot lose my best friend, do you hear me? Whatever you're going through, you're not alone, I'm here" I say and I feel his body shake as he starts to sob. I run my hand through his hair, trying my best to soothe him.

I keep him close to me for a while, until his sobbing has eased off. I pull away and I look him directly in his eyes, which are filled with sadness.

"How did you know to come round?" He asks, as I move the towel away to see if the bleeding has stopped.

"I've known something was wrong for a while. I thought maybe you were just busy writing but then when you stopped replying to me completely, I just knew in my gut something wasn't right. I'm glad I came round" I say, reaching into the bathroom cabinet for some bandages.

"I'm glad you came, I'm so sorry" He whispers, biting his lip to stifle the tears that are filling his eyes again. He lowers his head but I lift it back up again gently with one hand.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, okay? You're hurting and you need some help, you don't need to apologise. Just please talk to me next time you feel this low, promise?" I ask, silent tears running down my cheeks.

"I promise, I'm so lucky to have you" He says. I sit with my back against the wall and I pull him towards me, letting him rest his head on my shoulder. We sit like that for ages, just breathing in time with each other.

Two in a day? I must be unwell ahahha