Stressed Out (Fluff)

It's taken me ages to get back into writing so apologies if this is utter trash. 

Y/N POV:

"I'm afraid things aren't too good at the moment. We're struggling financially so I'm going to need you all to pull your weight, which means working a bit later than normal. Sadly, I can't guarantee that all your jobs will be safe. We've hired an expert who's going to assess the situation. I wish I could offer more reassurance but I can tell you that I appreciate all of you" My boss, Mark, says. I notice a lot of my colleagues' face going pale and the atmosphere in the room is so tense you could cut it with a knife.

After he lets us go back to work, nobody speaks. In fact, nobody really knows how to act. I have to blink hard to fight back the tears that are threatening to spill down my face. I've had this job for 5 years and the thought of losing it is too much to deal with right now. I work straight through my lunch break, my appetite suddenly disappearing. I power through all my emails, desperately trying to keep on top of all my tasks, so they see that I'm a valuable member of staff.

"Y/N? Y/N!" A voice says, startling me. I glance at the time on my computer, 6:30pm. I was supposed to finish 2 hours ago. It's Mark, my boss, standing over me. 

"Sorry, was in my own little world there!" I say, letting out a nervous laugh and he smiles back at me.

"Y/N, you can go home now. I appreciate you staying late, I really do" He says, placing a hand gently on my shoulder. I nod, logging off my computer and gathering my things.

"Whatever happens, you've been an asset to this company and if need be, I'll write you a glowing review so other employer's will snatch you right up" He says, obviously trying to reassure me but if anything, he makes me more nervous. From his words, it sounds like my job isn't safe and it's a matter of time before I'll be packing up my things again, searching for another job.

When I step through my front door, I fall apart. The tears that I've been fighting back all day are now streaming down my face. My hands are shaking and I feel as if I can't breathe properly.

"Babe? What's wrong?" Brendon asks, rushing over to me from the sofa. He places an arm round me and guides me to the sofa, sitting me down gently. I take a few slow, deep breaths and then I explain the situation to him. He doesn't interrupt me and his face remains neutral as I tell him I'm in danger of losing my job.

"I love my job, I can't lose it, Brendon, I just can't" I exclaim and I begin sobbing again. He helps me out of my coat, grabs the throw blanket from the back of the sofa and cuddles up to me. He grabs a strand of my hair and twists it around his finger, I instantly begin to feel a lot calmer. I snuggle up closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder. He reaches for the remote and puts on my favourite film, Coraline (yes, I know it's creepy). 

"Thankyou Bren" I whisper, kissing him softly on the cheek.

"What for?" He chuckles.

"For being here. I love you so much, you know that right?" I ask, sitting up and facing him, so he knows I'm being fully serious. 

He smiles wide and leans in, pressing his lips to mine. Even after all this time, I still feel sparks inside me when he kisses me, I find it hard to believe he's mine.

"I love you too, I always will" He whispers, turning me back round so I'm snuggled against him. I know that whatever happens with my job, I will always have Brendon and that means more to me than anything.

WOW. So short and shit, but I'll be back properly guys.