New Beginnings

Y/N POV:

I stare down in disbelief. This is really happening. It's not just some dream anymore. The two lines on the test are unmistakable. Brendon and I are going to be parents. 

At the very start of our relationship, we always said that we'd never have children, that it was never something that appealed to us. But, over the last couple of years, we found ourselves wondering what our lives would be like if we were to become parents. So many of our friends have had babies and they've always told us that it's changed their lives for the better, that they couldn't imagine life without them. Soon, we found ourselves changing our minds and children were soon our main topic of conversation. 

We didn't try too hard at first, Brendon was still working on an album and I knew it would mess with the timings. But, as soon as it was near release, we decided to start trying properly. 

I just didn't expect it to happen so fast. 

"Babe, you okay in there?" Brendon asks, gently tapping the door. 

"Come in, it's not locked" I call out, trying to keep my voice steady as I'm suddenly overcome with emotion.

"What's wro- Oh my god, is that what I think it is?" Brendon says, looking down at the counter. He looks back at me and a look of pure joy washes over his face. He holds me in his arms, kissing the top of my head. "We're going to be parents" He whispers.

*6 Months Later*

I was nearly 8 weeks pregnant when I took the test and time has absolutely flown by since then. Sure, it's been rough and this baby has made me feel like absolute hell. But, the pure bliss of knowing that we're soon going to be welcoming a baby has taken over. Time has also flown by as Brendon's had lots of album release events and shows to perform. But, we're now about a month away and I couldn't feel less prepared.

We've only just started working on the nursery, as Brendon's finally got a break between tours. We decided not to find out the gender, which has made decorating even trickier as we're struggling to decide on a colour theme. In the end, I sent Brendon to the store and he came back with a beige paint that he's got to work painting on the walls. 

The excitement on Brendon's face everytime we pick out clothes or items for the baby makes my heart swell. He was born to be a parent, even though we both tried to deny it for so long. 

"I'm going to do it today" He says, as we struggle to put the cot together, the instructions confusing us both.

"Really? Brendon, are you 100% sure about this? It's such a big decision" I say, handing him some more screws.

"Babe, this has never felt more right. Sure, it's going to be strange but this is a new chapter of my life that I want to be fully present for" He says, leaning over to plant a kiss on my cheek.

*The Next Day*

"Panic! At The Disco's Brendon Urie has announced the band will be disbanding after their upcoming UK/EU tour" The news reporter announces and I turn towards Brendon, guaging his reaction. He remains totally calm, not a hint of regret on his face.

"Well, it's out there. I think people are more shocked that Mr "I mentally gave myself a vasectomy" is actually having a baby" Brendon laughs, scrolling through the Instagram comments and tweets that are pouring in. 

I move closer to him on the sofa and he wraps his arm around more, holding me tight. 

"I love you and this little one so much, Y/N" He says, placing a hand on my stomach just as the baby decides to kick. 

"I love you too, I just wish they'd hurry up and be born" I laugh, as the flurry of kicks finally recede. 

"This is a new beginning and I just can't wait for the future" He says, kissing me and in that moment, I've never felt more content.

Wow, this is the first thing I've wrote in over 2 years. Probably garbage but if someone sends in ideas, I'll do better ahahha x