Big Brother (Fluff)

*POTENTIAL TRIGGER WARNING*

Y/N POV:

I never intended for any of this to happen. If you'd have told me a few years ago that this is where I'd be today, I'd have laughed in your face. I was top of my class. No, scrap that. I was a year ahead of my peers, excelling in every class possible. Not to brag, but Universities and colleges were fighting over me, desperate to have someone like me represent them.

I had a small but close group of friends, friends I'd do anything for and I knew they'd do anything for me. Life was seemingly perfect. Then it all went wrong, horribly wrong.

I was on the other side of the country from Nevada, where I'd grown up. One day, while I was in the middle of writing my most important essay yet, I got a call from my Brother. Seeing his name appear on my phone shot an ice cold chill up my spine. It was almost as if I could feel the blood drain from my face. It'd been almost two years since I'd heard from him, ever since he band took off, he forgot about me. I knew that whatever reason he had for calling, it wasn't good.

"Hello?" I answered, my voice barely audible.

"Y/N, it's Brendon" He says. How did things get like this? How did I grow so far apart from my own Brother?

"What's happened Brendon?" I manage to choke out, my heart threatening to beat right out of my chest. I grip the phone hard, turning my knuckles white.

"It's Dad Y/N, I'm so sorry. The Doctors... there was nothing they could do. He's gone" He says. Instantly, life as I knew it crumbled.

After that phone call, I didn't even bother finishing that important essay. I didn't bother with anything. I wrote a half-assed letter to the University, saying I was dropping out. Then, I just packed up my things and got on the first flight to LA, where Brendon was waiting for me. I didn't even bother saying goodbye to my friends. They left multiple messages and called me hundreds of times, but I just ignored every single one. What was the point? Nothing was the same anymore.

Brendon and his girlfriend, Sarah, welcomed me with open arms. After a few days of awkwardness, Brendon and I both grew used to each other again. But, things were never going to be the same as they used to. I didn't feel the same anymore, a part of me died along with Dad.

After several months, Brendon and Sarah gently persuaded me to enrol onto an online course, keen for me to keep up with my studies. But, I no longer had any motivation. I couldn't bare to think too far into the future.

*Present Day*

"I'm going to head out for a while, I won't be back too late" I call out, picking up my set of keys from the bowl.

"Where are you going? Who with?" Brendon calls out.

"Chill Brendon, I'm meeting an old friend, okay?" I roll my eyes and quickly head out of the door, to avoid any further questions.

I head to the nearest store and pick up the cheapest bottle I can find. At this point, I don't even care what it is. I just have this strong urge to drink. Heading out of the store, I walk to the park where I spent most of my childhood. I find a spot under a large tree, open the bottle and take a big gulp. I wince, as the alcohol burns my throat but I take another gulp anyway, praying for the alcohol to take the pain away.

Before long, my head is spinning and I feel slightly sick. I curse myself for making the fatal error of not eating something, I'm 100% going to regret this tomorrow. I check my phone and realise it's been way over 3 hours since I left the house and both Brendon and Sarah have tried calling me several times. It takes me several attempts to stand up and when I manage to do so, I have to steady myself against the tree. Everything is spinning and it's now pitch black.

I start heading home, using the torch on my phone to light my way. It takes me three times as long, because I'm struggling to walk in a straight line. I stagger up the driveway towards the house and just as I'm reaching into my pocket for the keys, the door swings open.

"Jesus Y/N, you're shitfaced!" Brendon exclaims, linking his arm through mine, helping me into the house. Sarah comes out from the kitchen and grabs my other arm.

"Grab a bowl or something, I'm going to get her into bed" Brendon says, leading me over to the stairs while Sarah dashes back into the kitchen. Finally, we manage to get up the stairs and not bothering to undress me, Brendon helps me into bed. Sarah comes up a few moments later with a glass of water and places a bowl by my bed.

"I'll be downstairs in a moment babe, just give me a second" Brendon whispers to Sarah and she quietly leaves the room.

"Y/N, I don't know if you can fully take this in. But, this has to stop, okay? We both care about you so much and it's killing us to see you destroy yourself like this. I understand you're hurting and I'm not expecting that hurt to go away, but the ways you're dealing with it are not healthy. I think it's time you considered getting some proper help and talking to someone. Sarah and I are here for you every step of the way and will support you in anyway you need. We'll get through this together, okay? I love you, Y/N" He says, stroking my hair as he speaks to me.

I pretend to be asleep, but I take in every word he says. A single tear rolls down my cheek. He's right, I can't carry on like this. Dad wouldn't want this for me. I don't even want this for me. Brendon stays with me for awhile, just stroking my hair as I slowly drift off to sleep.