Awakening

I walk up to a ran down building with my father and Bullock. "Does this person have a name, (y/n)?" I roll my eyes smiling. "Yes, dad he does. Most people do." "When do I get to approve?" "He's already been approved, but I'll talk to him and see when he wants to meet you." Jim nodded in approval. That's the closest he's going to get now. I grasp the metal handle to the huge sliding warehouse door.

"Now gentlemen... Shall we?"

We walk in and it becomes clear to me that this isn't just a normal criminal meeting. this is almost like a frat house college cult party."Okay. Weird But not illegal." A bright light hits a white curtain screen and the group starts to cheer loudly.

"Weirder," I mumble to them looking around. Suddenly a voice emerges from the stage.

"The people of this city are slaves. See, they get up every day and go to work so they can pay their taxes, their mortgages. See, they believe what the papers tell them. They fear what the politicians feed them. See, they are mentally shackled, and yet, they do nothing about it! Yeah! Nothing! But there was someone who understood. Someone who spoke out, who stood up, to the jailers, puppets.A man with no fear."

I roll my eyes watching this guy make a speech and persuading all these crazy locals. Suddenly the sharp giggle rips through the crowd making my blood run cold.

"Hello, Gotham City! We're the Maniax.And I'm Jerome, the shot caller of our little gang. This is my precious little doll, (Y/n). I made her. UGH! Isn't she wonderful?" I see myself giggle sweetly into the camera and kiss Jerome's cheek. "We're here to spread the message of wisdom and hope."

A man moans in pain and I watch myself whip out a gun and shoot the dying figure. "Some people have no manners."

"You're all prisoners. What you call sanity, it's just a prison in your minds that stops you from seeing you're just tiny little cogs in a giant, absurd machine, Wake up!" I twirl around laughing, "Be free, like us!" "Just remember to smile!"

I gasp covering my mouth as I watch Jerome laugh his lungs out. The crowd starts to cheer the exact words Jerome and I were saying in the video. "Look how beautiful you are, doll," Jerome whispers in my ear. I shake my head huffing and standing up on a crate. "All right! The show's over! Time to go home."

"OH MY GOD! IT'S HER!" "SHE HAS RETURNED TO RESTORE FREEDOM AND FUN!" The crowd gathers around me cheering as if I'm some Goddess. I pull my gun out aiming it at the individuals, but that only seemed to please them more. I fight the urge to smile and laugh at the feelings brewing in my stomach.

These people knew who I was, and yet they still love me.

"GCPD!" Bullock shoots a round of fire into the air making the cult scatter away. "Let's go." My dad grabs me running out of the building. "No. (y/n), don't leave us!" "Doll, you're our queen!"

My father forcefully hides me away from them and watches my facial expression. "Why are you smiling?" I shrug fighting the laughter. "It's funny. These people are thinking I'm royalty or something." 

"Do you see Dwight?" Harvey shakes his head. "He was probably the last one to jump on the clown car."  "Bringing back the dead is something we need to...." "uh oh, no What?" My dad asks watching my narrowed eyes as I watch a gun raise and aim at my father's head.

"Watch out!"

I pull him down as the bullets rain down in the alleyway. "Who the hell's that?" Bullock asks on the ground. "It's Victor Zsasz," I say hiding away with them. My father shakes his head sighing. "Falcone put out a hit on me." I glare at him rolling my eyes."Oh! It would've been nice if you told us that earlier!" "He's only after me. Zsasz is very professional in that way."