Death and Madness

I turn around looking in the mirror making sure I look at least a little presentable before I go to see Jerome. A lot has happened since the last time we saw each other. Yes we're still keeping the secret of that night hidden between us, but I'm also hiding a part of myself from the world. Ever since that night I've felt caged in my own body. The feeling of freedom lost in just a memory from a year ago. The amazing feeling it had. God what a rush! The sticky red liquid running over my fingers. Not to mention the mind blowing sex that I'm craving from my circus boy. I started working with my father a while ago just doing coffee runs and filing records, but now I've been promoted to being on actual cases with my father. Each murder case we get I can't help but feel jealous of them. They got to feel the rush, and the power going through their body while I have to sit there just dreaming of what I could do.

I haven't seen Barb in weeks, and now there's this new woman named Lee Thompkins who my father seems interested with, and every time I ask if he's heard from Barb or even if I simply mention her he gets a distance look. Somethings happened and he won't tell me. She was the closest thing I had to a mother and now he thinks he can just throw her away and not tell me?

He can't replace her with some tall brunette doctor. That just won't happen. I walk down the hallway and surprisingly see my father sitting on the couch. He's usually gone late, or almost never home at all. He barely talks to me if we're outfit of the station. Almost as if I'm just some coworker; he's completely forgot I was his daughter. "Are you going out again?" "Yeah. I'm actually going to the circus. You know like we use to when I was little? It's cute seeing family's there. Especially a full family." I say with a slight bitter tone.

"I'm sorry about Barbra. You just wouldn't understand (y/n)." I laugh and cross my arms with one of my eye brows cocked. "I wouldn't understand? I understand that you're not concerned with how I felt on the situation at all. I understand how you're seeing that Thompkins woman. You can't just replace the woman who helped you raise me! You can't not tell me where she is. You're the one who doesn't understand how much I need her. I only need two people in my life and she's one of them." I yell with a red face storming out of the house and straight to my car without another word. I speed to the circus getting butterflies as I get closer; It's still day light, and the show doesn't start for another hour or so.

I just wanted as much time with Jerome as I could have. I bang on his trailer, but don't get an answer. I try again, but I end up with the same result. "He'll be out in a minute. He's cleaning something up (y/n)." A scratchy voice says from right behind me. I turn around to see an elderly man with glossy eyes. Wait...he said my name. "How do you know me?" The man walks closer with a slight smile. "I'm the blind fortune teller my dear. I knew you were coming for him. I just figured I would tell you where he was."

"So you can see the future?" "In a way yes." I smile and raise my eyebrows. "Can you tell me mine?" The man smiles and grabs my hand. "My dear that is a dangerous story to tell, but I can tell you are not who you seem to be. You hold a dark and deep secret shared with another. Another whom you love. You also want to be happy as everyone does. A family. A relationship you once had with your guardian has fallen. Both you and he feel guilty, but know there is nothing to do but let it continue to worsen." He grazes his boney fingers over my ring and nods his head with a smile.

"Yes yes. Very much. He loves you much. I will tell you this as well. He is a dark one on the inside. It was chosen that he revile his true colors one day, and dear that's coming very soon. Very soon indeed. All though you may judge him for what he's done. Do not forget what you have done as well. You two were cursed to be together. Covering things up is what you're good at. He'll need that help soon dear." The mans grip on my hand gets tighter and my heart starts racing.