PineWood

Jim left about an hour ago and all I have been doing is sitting here and looking over the big binder of faces and names Jim has put together for me. Harvey, Lee, Bruce Wayne, Alfred Pennyworth, Oswald Cobblepot, Barbara Kean, Selina Kyle, Edward Nygma, Lucius Fox, Butch Gilzean. Along with a long list of others. Maybe I knew these people. Jim says it's important for me to understand who they are. Some have police reports with their names along with huge X marks signaling danger.

I flip to the back and see my personal file. Old pictures of myself with my father and report cards with well earned A+ in a line. A certain picture catches my eye and it shows myself a year or two ago in a lab. I really had it going for myself! I smile and continue to look through my life I have so little recollection of right up until my stomach churns and speaks loudly. I sigh and stand walking over to the frigid to see what is available to eat, and the result is... NOTHING! Ugh, how do these men survive? I grab my coat and purse with all my personal information in case I were to get lost like a puppy (as my father quotes). I exit into the streets and walk away, down until I see a small shop. I go to cross the street and see a face in my binder. Bruce Wayne. He makes eye contact with me and gets out of his expensive vehicle. "(y/n)! You're awake! I've heard so little about your recovery!" The billionaire boy smiles and hugs me. I laugh slightly with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry Bruce. I assume we were somewhat close or that you're close to my father, but I can not remember any of our past meetings." His facial features twist into confusion. "Amnesia Master Bruce. The girl woke up with little to no recollection as to who she was." An older man steps forward and smiles. "Alfred Pennyworth," I say in remembrance from my study. "Good to see you awake Ms. Gordon." He smiles again.

Bruce straightens his coat and smiles. "What are you doing out here alone?" "Oh! I was going to get something to eat, and maybe find something to do. I'm growing paler by the day staying inside that room." Bruce looks at Alfred with a twinkle in his eye. "why don't you come along with us. We can get some lunch." I shrug my shoulders and follow the men back to the car.

As we ride and talk about the city a thick folder catches my eye. As Bruce is looking away I reach out for it and scan the top-secret documents he tried to keep hidden. "Who is Karen?" Bruce's eyes become wide and he snakes the file quickly muttering words of panic. "Nothing!" "Bruce, I need to know if she is in trouble." The words come out of my mouth without brain activity even surprising me. Why would I care about some random girl in a police file?

I look at Bruce and he sighs looking at Alfred in defeat. Huh not hard to get to this kid is it? "Bruce if this girl is lost I can help find her! I was working under my father for years! I have the instinct to trace someone like this!" Bruce sighs again and passes the file over once more. I open it and scan my eyes over many words. "Pinewood?" "It was a bad place. A bad place where they did things to people." Bruce answers. "But what kind of things?" "I'm not sure. All I know is my father tried to stop it, and that was the reason he was killed." I close the file and hand it back to the boy. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's find her! Do you have any idea where she could be?" Bruce once again looks at his guardian and nods.

We ride off into a heavily wooded area and we pass a marking on the way. A marking of flowers and cross'. My head starts to sting inside, and I go inside my own mind. I see nothing, but I can hear everything around me. Laughter. Manically laughter! Sounding like it was from a documentary of an insane asylum. My face feels wet; being splattered with warm thick syrup or something of the sort. "I just killed someone..." I hear my own voice echo from afar. "I know. You looked so sexy, baby!" A man's voice breaks the barrier. His voice sounding so familiar and nice to my body. Who are you, stranger? An angel of sorts?

"(Y/n)." the way he says my name makes my knees quake. "(Y/n)!" a shaken motion awakes me from my walk through my mind. "Are you alright Ms. Gordon?" Alfred asks in concern. I nod and look out the window once again. "I-I just thought I saw something." I breathe out and feel my face still remembering the wetness. I want to hear his voice again. The stranger who helped me apparently commit a crime. Why would I want that? Why would I want someone who pushes me to do wrong? Then again... was he the one that pushed me?

A few more miles and we arrive up to an old cabin looking abandon and dark. "Bruce are you sure this is where she is?" I ask getting out with them. He nods slightly shaken. He grasps the door handle and attempts to open it, but it's locked. Bruce then gets down on his knees and begins to pick the lock. "Oh, that's just great isn't it? Street smarts? Hmm?" Alfred complains obviously having some background in some trouble with Bruce. Bruce successfully gets the door unlocked and Alfred pulls out his gun and goes in first.

The cabin is dark and gloom. I walk to a post close to the kitchen and notice three claw marks going down the post. "What is it?" Bruce asks looking around as well while Alfred walks around with his gun pointed. Suddenly a flash of black sprints in front of Alfred and injures him causing him to drop his gun. Bruce hurries to his protector while I pick up the gun. "Careful. She's got weird hunting knife." I point the gun into the black spots where she ran.

Bruce steps in front of me and makes me lower the gun. "we don't want to hurt you. My name is Bruce Wayne. I just want to talk to you." The silence continues until the girl steps out two inches from the shadows. "Bruce Wayne?" she asks in a calm voice. She steps out quicker. "Y-You're Bruce Wayne?" I raise the gun again. "That's far enough. Drop the knife." I demand to look at the girl. She sighs and shakes her head. "I can't." She raises her hand and shows what is in place of it. A huge bird-like claw with three talons. Oh, you poor girl. What have they done to you?