Escape from Battery City-Part 12

"So, what's a Draculoid?" I ask Gas, I'm really curious to know what's going on, maybe if I find out more information then I might start regaining my memory, like Cell.

"They work for Bl/ind, they're nasty 'lil maggots."

I laugh, Gas smiles at me.
I reckon I've made a friend.

"So, why does Bl/ind have a mind wipe?" I continue hurling questions at her, this is very unlike me but it's quite fun to talk to Gas, she's a really nice person.

"Well if they find a killjoy they simply wipe their memory clean so they don't remember they were ever killjoys, they haven't perfected it yet so sometimes a they will be left with a few memories, like you and Cell seem to have remembered acctully being killjoys, and you've remembered your names. This has happened to very few killjoys, but whenever we find out about  one being mind wiped another killjoy is sent into Battery City to try and save the ones who remember, and the ones who come willingly before Bl/ind converts them, so we have to be careful not to get caught or else we could get mind wiped too, it's risky business, but I managed to save you guys."

I never realised Gas could talk so much, she was so quiet when we were in Battery City, maybe she feels more comfortable in the zones.

Then I remember the map.

Reaching into my back pocket I pull out the map of Battery City and surrounding zones, it's kinda crumpled now but I'm just glad the draculoids didn't take it when they kidnapped cell and I.

Judging by the map we're in zone 1, then it's snatched from my grasp.

"Wow a map of Battery City, can I have it?"

How rude!

"yeah, sure" Gas doesn't seem to have manners, but I can't argue with her over the map, I guess it's her map now.

Then something dawns on me,
"Hey Gas, If we're already in the zones, then why are we still travelling?"

"Well, it's safer further inside the zones since Battery City has been expanding its borders." Well, I was right about the city growing into the zones.
"There's more security and shelter from sandstorms further on, if we can make it to zone 3 then we might find some decent accommodation." She continues.

Sandstorms? Yikes!

After a while, silence overcomes us, Cell seems to be trailing behind, she seems to be quite quiet lately. I think I'll talk to her.
I slow down so she can catch up with me.

"Hey, Cell... uh..." Why am I so awkward around her? She just stares at me in shock.

"So, have you regained anymore of your memory?" I finally speak.

"Well, no." She stops suddenly.

"What is it?" Maybe she remembered something important, "Did you remember something?"
"I saw something in my head, it's kind of fuzzy but, I think I saw a guy talking to me, a red haired guy, like on the poster we saw in Battery City."

"Well that's a start, what did he say?" Now things seem to be getting interesting.

"I didn't hear any words, it was really hazy."

"This guy must be a clue to your past Cell! Maybe if we find him then your mind wipe will vanish!"

This guy could be the key to both Cell's, and my past, we have to find him!