Escape from Battery City-Part 8

Gasoline pushes Cell up into the vent then climbs up herself, then reaches her arms down to help me up, I begin to shy away from her, taking a few steps back, this could be dangerous after all.

"Come on, I'm here to help you" she whispers. Obviously, trying to not be overheard.

Her voice seems to be honest enough, I reach up and grab her hands, they are so warm, unlike mine, my hands are constantly cold, but, cold hands mean a warm heart, right?

She pulls me up and smiles at her success.

"Come on, follow me," Gasoline whispers to us and shoves ahead of Cell to take the lead.

We follow her through the dark tunnels until we see a faint light glowing in the distance.

"There's our way out" came Gasoline's voice again. We continue to crawl towards the exit.

Upon reaching the exit, Gasoline climbs out of the small hole in the wall and down a ladder that she had put there before when she came to rescue us.

In turn, cell began to climb down the ladder, and then me.

Finally, solid ground!

"Whoa, you have silver hair!?" Cell, always the loud one.

"Shhhhh!" Gasoline shoots her a dirty look.

True enough, Gasoline's hair is a silver-grey colour, reflecting the moonlight perfectly.

She wears torn-up looking clothes, coloured white, blue, black and dirt.

Her silver hair is messed up in the perfect way, occasionally spikes poke out from shiny wonder.

"why did you come to save us" Cells asks, Just what I'm thinking too, but I'm not going to say it.

"Well, I'm a Killjoy and I got to help my family, right?" She winks at me, why me?

"Yeah, I understand, so you're going to help us get out to the zones?" Cell is so curious.

Gasoline nods and smiles.

"That's great, thanks Gasoline!"

"Gasoline is such a long name, my friends call me Gas, so you should too."

"OK Gas" Cell grins at the name, obviously thinking it's funny.

"well come on, follow me and let's get out of here." Gas begins to walk away and motions with her hand for us to follow, and we do.