Chapter 32.

I slumped down against the wall with an annoyed growl and stared at the piles of baby clothes. It was January fourth, the first day of my twenty-second week. Ever since Christmas, I had been trying to figure out where to put all the baby-related items I'd been given. Kennedy, Jayden, mom, dad, Kennedy's family and Brian, they'd all given me stuff for Smith. I wouldn't need to buy him anything for the first three years of his life with how much I'd been gifted. Well, as an individual, I got a pair of socks while Smith got a crib, a toddler bed, a high chair, a gazillion items of clothes, toys, two different strollers, a baby-björn, a play mat, big soft pillows, a foam chair thing, a diaper changing station, a baby jumper, a potty, a toddler toilet seat and a huge ass teddy bear. The only things I'd been able to bring home were some of the clothes and I couldn't find a place to put them. The rest were at my parents' house.

"You're so fucking spoiled..." I mumbled and looked down at my stomach. "You're not even born yet and you already have more shit than I do..."

"Stop sweating..." Brian muttered in the doorframe, making me jump at his sudden appearance. "He can literally hear you."

"And you think he knows English?"

"No, but do you want your kid's first word to be 'Fuck'?"

A mischievous smile pulled my lips into a grin, "It'd be kinda funny..." I sneered.

"I think I'll get us a swear jar..." he sighed.

Us. I watched Brian in the corner of my eye as he left the doorframe. How much longer would it be 'us'? Our apartment couldn't hold a child, it was just big enough for the two of us. Moving out and into a bigger apartment was someone I couldn't afford. Not only that but I didn't want to move away from Brian, he was my rock, my safe place. But he would be graduating soon and then he'd move. I'd be alone anyway. Then there'd be enough room for me and Smith, but I wouldn't be able to afford the rent by myself. To live in the apartment I needed a roommate, one who would be okay with a baby. What if Kennedy could move in? Or maybe Jayden. Jayden would be graduation a few months from now along with Brian. I often forgot that they were the same age, Brian seems so much older and wiser after all.

Perhaps getting an apartment with Jayden and Kennedy could work? We'd be a big family raising a baby. Would I be sold to stand to be around them for such long periods of time though? My social batteries weren't powerful, especially not when it came to those two.

Smith gently kicked me, landing the blow below my ribcage. His kicks were becoming more frequent every day. At times he would treat me like a boxing bag while at other times he barely dared to kick. He would give everything from twitchy blows and excited punches and kicks to placing soft taps, gentle flutters and careful bumps against the protective walls surrounding him.

"UFC, eat your heart out..." I snickered, drawing circles on the smooth skin on my stomach as I grinned.

Hiding a baby bump the size of a half a soccer ball is quite difficult, especially when you have no boobs that push your shirt out. I sighed as I looked at my side profile. There was no denying it; I didn't look 'just bloated' anymore. I couldn't even hide it with hoodies.

"Bold outfit choice..." Brian mumbled as I came into the kitchen wearing a rather tight long-sleeved shirt and Jayden's grey sweatpants. "You wearing that to work..?"

Brian held his arms out as I approached, pulling me into a hug while I nuzzled my face into his chest. "You smell like weed..." I muttered as the scent of his shirt made me somewhat nauseous.