Chapter 18.

I was thirteen again, sitting at a table in awkward silence while being intimidatingly stared at. Jayden and Kennedy had a long conversation with looks only while they nodded their heads at each other in silence. They were so incredibly different from each other. Look and personality-wise. Jayden was outgoing and bold, loud, optimistic and charming. Kennedy was reserved and quiet, a bit shy, awkward and something of a realist. I guess I was the pessimist between the three of us. The smooth talker, the maladroit and the fractious one. What an amazing team. I groaned.

"I can't read minds!" I snapped at them. "Use your fucking words!"

The focus in their eyes shifted from my face to my eyes and I shivered as I looked between them. Jayden's glowing greys and Kennedy's woodsy browns. The goosebumps climbed my body.

"Well... we were thinking..." Jayden mumbled, smirking. Fucking bastard. "It's obvious that both Kennedy and I have feelings for you..."

My heart dropped into the pit of my stomach. This could not be happening. I wouldn't allow it.

"So we were thinking that maybe... if you're okay with it... we could try dating... you know... the three of us..."

I bit my lip. "And what makes you think I have feelings for either one of you?"

Both of them looked a bit taken back, obviously worried about what I said. I watched their plans fall apart in their eyes. Their eyes were like windows to their souls. I could see every emotion flash behind their irises no matter how hard they tried to hide them. It was pitiful and I enjoyed every second.

"Well, this is new..." Jayden chuckled. "I've never been rejected before..."

"Can't relate..." Kennedy grumbled.

I took a sip of my hot chocolate to cover my face with the cup for a few seconds. I didn't feel like looking Kennedy in the eye since I knew that he'd be looking back. It was quite embarrassing.

"Micah, how about that threesome?" Jayden said with far too much confidence. I choked on my chocolate, spitting it back into the cup as I coughed and tried to breathe.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I growled. Maybe it was just me imagining things or maybe everyone in the cafe had turned to look at us. I hid my face in my palms and groaned. "You're such a fucking ass..."

"Nah I'm more into fucking ass..." My leg acted on its own when it swung under the table, slamming into Jayden's shin "I'm sorry!" He groaned.

"You're buying me more chocolate." I snapped at him. "You made me spit in mine..."

"No, I didn't!" He protested as he rubbed his leg. "You spit in your own chocolate!"

"You put a fucking baby in me. Go get the fucking chocolate."

"Okay..." Jayden whimpered in submission.

"And a scone!"

"Yes, boss..." he mumbled.

I rubbed my itchy nose and pulled my legs up to my chest, not caring that it was ill-mannered of me since we were in a cafe. My bump was still in the way but that would not stop me from sulking in a balled-up pile or grump. Kennedy looked back and forth between me and Jayden, he looked confused.

"I'm naming this baby Smith if it's a boy..." I grumbled out of the blue.

"That's a surname..."

"So is 'Kennedy' you fucking hypocrite..." I growled and he gave me an apologetic look. Today wasn't a good day. Everything annoyed me. I put my legs back on the floor and leaned back, stretching out my back.