Chapter 15.

Both my mom and my dad were by my side as I laid on a bed in my hometown hospital. After informing the doctors who discovered my condition of my pregnancy they had immediately requested that I come to see them. Jayden was leaning against the wall, nervously glancing between my parents. They hadn't spoken a word to each other when they met. My parents had just embraced me and pulled me away while Jayden sheepishly followed. I was sleepy and drowsy and nauseous and I kept dozing off where I laid on the hospital bed. My fingers carefully traced my stomach, it was still pretty flat. I couldn't spot any major change but it was starting to point out a little if I wasn't just imagining things.

I turned my head to Jayden who was nervously biting his nails. It honestly made me smile. He had been so ridiculously excited when he drove me here but now he was a trembling, nervous mess.

"What're you smiling at?" He stuttered awkwardly when he saw my grin.

I wouldn't say our relationship was anything other than friends with benefits. Sure, we got along just fine and he treated me nice but I wasn't exactly in love with him. I simply enjoyed his company and found comfort in his presence. Love wasn't an idea I was interested in, not in the slightest. To be honest the idea of love turned me off.

"You can sit down, you know..." I chuckled sleepily and gestured to the third chair next to me. He looked hesitant and I wasn't going to force him to sit down but I would definitely appreciate it if he was a bit closer.

He slowly walked over to me, keeping his gaze to the floor to not meet my dad's eyes. It was a funny sight since Jayden was young, tall and muscular while my dad was a short old man who refused to admit that he couldn't lift a grocery bag anymore. In a fight, my dad wouldn't last a minute. Jayden flopped down in the chair, face darker than usual as he blushed. Before I got the chance to make fun of him for it I was interrupted by my dad.

"So you're the idiot who knocked up my kid?" He said lowly. Jayden tensed up, raising his shoulders to his ears as he nervously fidgeted with his sleeves.

"Yes, sir... I'm sorry... I'll take responsibility..." he choked out. I'd never seen him like this. It was strangely amusing.

"Oh, you better..." My dad growled.

I would've laughed if I hadn't been feeling so shitty, in fact, I would've been laughing hysterically. My dad, who was usually calm and quiet had gotten Jayden, a cocky, loud and confident guy to grow immensely flustered and gone silent. It was far too amusing for me not to grin to myself.

"Let me have a look at you, son!" My mom suddenly squealed, grabbing Jayden's face and turning it to hers. "Ooooh, he's real cute, Micah!" She teased and smirked at me. "I hope this little bean gets his eyes and hair..." She traced her fingers over my stomach and I squirmed.

"Mom!" I exclaimed as she kept tickling me. "Mom, stop! I'll throw up!" I dry heaved and Jayden was quick to lift an empty bag to my aid, earning an 'aww' from my mom. I glared at her. It definitely wasn't 'cute' that I was feeling like a seasick potato.

"You okay?" Jayden asked as I settled back down on the hospital bed.

"No..." I groaned and glared at my mother. I had been relatively fine until she tickled me and sent me into a panic.

"Sorry..." She said with a guilty smile.

A rattle of the door handle caught my attention as a familiar man entered the room. "Micah!" The deep voice of my doctor suddenly exclaimed as he burst through the door. "Long time no see my little miracle!"

All four of us jumped at his sudden appearance. We were all quiet, staring at the doctor in horror as he held his arms out with a bright smile.

"H-hello Dr Fraser!" I nearly yelled as I tried to regain my composure and calmness. Every time I saw him he seemed so excited, as if I were a nephew he hadn't seen in some time. Or in his situation, perhaps I was more of a rare specimen that he wanted to examine.