Chapter 10.

"I'm having a baby. Jayden, I'm pregnant... You're gonna be a dad..." I told myself as I stared in the mirror. My eyes were swollen and red. I had been practising for the last hour ever since I came home and hugged it out with Brian.

"I made tea!" Brian called. He had stayed up since last night when I went to Jayden's house because he was worried. He had called in sick for work this morning and stayed home, waiting to hear from me to make sure I was okay.

"Be right there!" I answered. I was standing naked in the bathroom, staring at my body in the mirror. I had lost some weight in the last few weeks and I could see how my body was getting ever so slightly thinner.

I never grew any chest hair in my teen years. Nor did I grow very tall like the other guys. There was an obvious reason why. I was only an inch or two above the average female's height and my hips were somewhat feminine. I never grew any breasts though, which I was thankful for. My lack of boobs didn't stop my chest from getting sore and slightly swollen though.

I poked the left side of my chest and frowned as I felt it ache under my touch. It was a bit swollen and my nipples felt sore and looked somewhat perky. I cringed at the sight, hating how my body was aching as it changed.

Brian was sitting on the couch with his legs resting next to him. On the table stood a trey with two large cups of steamy tea and a small plate of chocolate chip cookies.

"Do you wanna watch sleepy hollow or interview with a vampire?" He asked as I came into the living room wearing sweatpants and one of my old sweaters. I probably looked better than I felt though.

"Sleepy hollow is just silly..." I mumbled and snuggled up by his butt. He didn't seem to mind so I pulled a blanket over my body to keep warm.

"You did not just say that..." he gasped in an all too obvious fake offended voice. "It's a masterpiece!" He chuckled.

"Fine... I don't feel like watching Kristen Dunst get burned to ashes again anyway..."

"Spoilers!" He wheezed and I poked his stomach as he laughed, making him laugh even more.

"You've already seen it so you already know!" I complained and took the Apple TV remote from him. I scrolled through the movie selection until I saw the gloomy poster with Johnny Depp's face.

"Are you comfortable?" Brian asked as the movie started playing.

"I'm sleepy..." I mumbled and put a pillow by his hip so that I could lay down comfortably. "I might fall asleep..."

"Now that's something I haven't heard before..." Brian chuckled. He pulled the blanket up to my neck and I snuggled into it as I drowsily watched the tv. I had no interest whatsoever in watching the movie. I just wanted to sleep.

I stretched where I woke up on my bed. I couldn't remember much from the movie last night and assumed that I had fallen asleep before it even really started. I slid out from under the sheets and walked out to the kitchen. It smelled like fried rice and I smiled to myself. Brian was dancing around the kitchen with a set of large headphones on his head. I could only assume that he was listening to Radiohead. Radiohead, Blur or Portishead. That was pretty much all he listened to.

Deciding not to bother him while he cooked, I went back to my room to change. I didn't feel like showering and it was definitely going to be a lazy day. I felt nauseous but it wasn't too bad. This nausea lingered in my head and only slightly teased my throat and stomach. Nothing worse than normal. Actually, it was a bit milder than normal.