29. Two-riffic

Life works in mysterious ways.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Where you are right now, is where you're supposed to be.

I know that life may seem like an impossible puzzle at times, but eventually all the pieces will fall into place.

If you get an opportunity, take it. If that opportunity changes your life, let it.

Nobody ever said life was going to be easy. But we have to make the most with what we are given. 

We don't choose our families.

However, family is the most important thing in life, whether you realize it or not. They are the ones that will always catch you when you fall. They are the ones that want nothing but the best for you. It took me quite awhile to realize this

Guilt.

That's what was eating me alive, feasting on my internal organs. 

I felt immensely guilty for leaving my family on such bad terms. Seeing Jack and Jeremy's emotional reunion made my heart ache for two reasons. One, the two of them being reunited was extremely emotional, obviously. Two, it made me think of my family.

How bad of a person am I?

I treat my family like the gum on the bottom of my shoes. I ran away without even telling them. I'm a terrible person.

I think guilt is the worst emotion to feel. It really affects your daily life. And it never goes away until you come to terms with it.

All I could think about was how I couldn't wait to get back to Omaha and explain to my Mom how deeply sorry I was. I knew for a fact that if she just listened to what I had to say about Jack and I's relationship, she would be okay with it. She just never gave me a chance to explain to her. 

I knew that things would be different when we got back to Omaha.

Very different. 

I just hoped it would be a good different. 

Jack pulled away from what seemed like an eternal hug and rotated his neck around to gape at me. "Jeremy, I want you to meet someone real special to me. This is my girl. Jeremy, meet Anna." Jack gracefully took my hand and led me to Jeremy. The way he emphasized the word 'my' made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

I was his.

Jeremy stole my hand from Jack's locked grip and kissed it softly, while majestically bowing down. "Lovely to meet ya, Anna." 

It was bizarre seeing two Jack's in front of me. It messed with my mind. 

"I'm so happy to finally meet you!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around his neck for a quick hug. Jeremy was just a little more muscular than Jack. His hair was also longer. Beautifully crafted tattoos covered every part of his arms. 

Jeremy beamed from ear to ear, lighting up the darkly lit room with his smile. "You too." 

I couldn't stop staring at the two of them. They were so amazed by each other. What they say is true; identical twins really do have some sort of weird connection. I felt like they were having a conversation just by looking into each other's eyes. 

"What do you say we blow this Popsicle stand? I'm ready to step outside into the free world!" Jeremy yelled, while starting to exit the cell. 

"How excited are you right now?" Jack asked, wrapping his arm tightly around Jeremy's neck. I walked in the back next to Tabitha and closely examined them.