1. Curiosity

Authors Note - Ok honestly so embarrassed by my writing in the early chapters. I promise you it gets better.

ANOTHER FUCKIN AUTHOR'S NOTE: hi it's been years since i wrote this and i just re-read it and LET ME JUST TELL YOU. IT IS THE CHEESIEST STORY. EVER. I HATE IT. but i hope u enjoy hehe 

--------

My body immediately awoke with energy as the erratic sound of my alarm clock buzzed viciously.

Today was the day.

It was the very first day of my senior year.

Senior year. 

I couldn't believe it.

This was supposed to be the best year of my entire life. 

I jumped out of my bed with high spirits that maybe, just maybe, this year would be unlike the rest. 

"Anna, breakfast is ready!" My mother shouted from downstairs, her voice was filled with elation. 

"Be down in a few." I moaned, while shutting my alarm off. I could smell the aroma of freshly made pancakes emerging from downstairs, making my stomach rumble with desire. I leaped up from my bed and started to shuffle recklessly through my closet. I threw on a pair of dark skinny jeans and a nice shirt. I applied a decent amount of makeup onto my face and quickly threw my long, blonde and wavy hair into a messy bun. I then swiped up my bag that was laying on the floor, untouched since last year, and eagerly trotted down the stairs to the kitchen.

There I found my mom slaving away behind the stove and my older brother Parker sitting on the kitchen counter with a plate of pancakes in his hand. His eyes widened with disbelief upon seeing me. "What the hell are you wearing?" He roared.

My brother was always protective over me. Our dad died tragically about twelve years ago. And ever since then, Parker has treated me like a convicted prisoner. He acted like his number one job was to protect me and make sure I didn't get into any trouble. I wasn't even allowed to bring boys over because he would scare them all away with his intimidating looks. 

"Um, a shirt?" I boldly stated, slightly smirking. I walked over to the kitchen table and took a seat, a plate of pancakes sat in front of me, waiting to be devoured. 

"You better throw a jacket over you before you leave. I don't want boys getting the wrong idea." He said, taking an aggressive bite into his pancakes. I couldn't help but let out a small laugh at his comment.

"It's a tank top, not the end of the world, Parker." I watched him shake his head furiously from disagreement. 

My mom cleared her throat. "So... Are you excited?" She asked me with a bright smile, slyly changing the topic.

Was I excited?

For the most part, no.

However, there was a natural desire in me that really wanted to make this year different. I wanted something new. It was senior year for crying out loud. Everybody knows that your Senior year is supposed to be the best year of your entire life. I didn't want it to go to waste. I wanted to make the most out of it.

"Yeah, I guess." I mumbled, while stuffing my mouth with a fork-load of scrumptious pancakes. The sweet taste of them made my taste buds aroused. 

I unconsciously peered at the clock to discover the minute hand resting on the big eight.

It read 7:40am.