Ch.19 Fairy Tail Reunited

New chapter om-gosh I never thought I'd get this far. Thank you all so much! For all the people who have read this book.

In the town of Magnolia, the town people separated in the roads, murmuring among themselves. It had been a year since a Fairy Tail member waled through these streets. So it was weird when one walked through them know. Everyone watched in amazement as Fairy Tail's fire dragon slayer Natsu Dragneel steered through the crowd. Accompanying him, of course, was Happy, the blue exceed. 

"Made it just in time, right Happy?" Natsu turned to Happy with his eyes closed and his cheeky grin.

"Aye, sir!" 

(I don't know what to put)

The crowd was murmuring among themselves, but the two didn't seem to notice. Some of the townspeople looked at the two with sorrow in their eyes, others shook their heads in disappointment, and some just couldn't bear to look.  Natsu's hair was noticeably longer and his looks looked more precise. His eyes seemed darker and he had more muscle than a year ago. Happy looked the same. Same green knapsack, fish smell, and kid-like attitude. 

Though they couldn't read the atmosphere at first, it soon became clear once they got to the guild, or what was left of it. Their eyes went wide and their jaws dropped. There, where the mighty guild building of Fairy Tail once stood, is nothing but barren land. No grass, no Fairy Tail flag waving in the wind, and most importantly, no guild building. 

Happy's eyes filled with tears as he stared at the spot the guild was supposed to be. 

¨N-Natsu, what happened to the guild? Why is it gone?!¨

¨I, I don't know Happy.¨

Natsu was just as confused as Happy. Cana had gotten ahold of Natsu and Happy and instructed them to meet them at the guild, but how could they do that? Natsu looked down in thought, which is weird for him. 

Lucy. She would know what to do!

¨Oi, Happy! Let's go get Luce! She'll know what to do and what happened!¨

¨Aye sir!¨

The two started off towards Lucy's apartment but were stopped short when a voice called out for them.  

¨HEY!¨

Happy stopped in mid-air and turned to the voice. It was Cana. Her hair seemed longer but was pulled into a ponytail. In her left hand is, of course, a half-empty beer bottle. She has a blue checkered pattern bra, a red skirt with yellow flowers and a slit on the left side, her Fairy Tail symbol on her stomach, and gold bracelets along her arms. Her cheeks were lightly dusted pink but her eyes were different. They didn't have that look they held a year ago. 

¨Cana!¨ The two yelled while they ran up to her. Happy stopped in front of her face and caught the look in her eyes. 

¨Cana, what happened to Fairy Tail?!¨ 

Cana sighed and looked down. When her head lifted again, it was fallen. 

¨Lucy is gone.¨

~~~~~~~~~~~

¨A year ago, you left Lucy with nothing but a note. When she told us what happened, we were all devastated. But Lucy, she didn't handle it very well. The next day, Fairy Tail was disbanded. I never saw Lucy, or anyone from Fairy Tail, ever gain.¨

Natsu and Happy looked down. Was the guild disbanding their fault?

¨When I met up with Wendy, she said she came back to Magnolia to tell gramps that this wasn't right, but, it was too late. Wendy saw the guildhall collapse. She told me she went to see Lucy right after it happened. When she got there, there was nothing. No photos, no bed, and no Lucy.¨

What? Lucy isn't in Magnolia anymore?! Natsu pupils shrank and started to shake. Happy had started to cry.

¨I even searched. There's nothing. Only dust.¨

The two sat there while Cana took a sip of beer. 

¨How could this have happened?¨ Happy whispered.

The next few minutes were filled with Happy's sobs and quiet whimpers.

¨If you want to check the place yourselves, you can.¨ Cana sighed out. 

And that's exactly what they did. 

~~~~~

Lucy's place was empty, just like Cana said it was. Nothing remained but a thick layer of dust. Her scent was gone, nothing but the scent of dust. Natsu checked every room. The kitchen was first. No food in the fridge or the cabinets, nor trash in the garbage. The bathroom was empty as well, just like the kitchen. All the closets were bare. And soon, all the rooms were checked except for one. Lucy's room. 

Natsu and Happy entered and grew even sadder. Everything was gone. No pink curtains, or pink bed, no books lying around, and no Lucy.  The only thing that remained in the room was the bed frame, desk, and bookshelves. Everything was gone. Including Lucy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cana turned to the door once it opened. The dragon slayer didn't know what to do. Neither did Happy now. Never once did they hear that Fairy Tail was gone. They could only think about Lucy.

Was this their fault? It had to be. They left one day and Fairy Tail was gone the next. And then, it was Lucy. How could this have happened? Natsu left her, everybody. And then everyone left her. And that's when he realized his mistake. This WAS his fault.

¨This, this is my fault.¨

Happy and Cana looked at him. 

¨I left. I left Lucy. And then the guild disbanded. Fairy Tail, Fairy Tail was Lucy's family. We left her. She had no family and then she had us. But we left her. We failed her. I failed her.¨ 

¨We have to get them back.¨

¨Who Natsu?¨

¨The guild. Our home. Our family. My Luce.¨

AHHHHHHHHHH I did it!!!! I finished a new chapter! How does it feel? To have updates again? I don't know if I can update it every Friday. It might turn into once or twice a month. Just so I have time to work on chapters and other projects. 

I was planning on uploading this on the 30th because I was going to D.C. and then spring break, but plans changed. Our trip was canceled and spring break is still on, I just thought that doing this now will give me enough time to do other stuff, like writing. I hope you enjoy this chapter, and maybe your break as well.