My Girl: Adventures of Lux Taylor (Part 8: The Separation (5))

Ben Hardy!Roger Taylor x Reader, Platonic!John Deacon x Reader
{YMBF SERIES SPIN-OFF}

Ben Hardy!Roger Taylor x Reader, Platonic!John Deacon x Reader{YMBF SERIES SPIN-OFF}

Summary: freddie advises roger about his family situation. roger goes to lux's ballet recital to support her. roger and reader decide it is time to talk about where they are at in life and with the separation, but things get a lot heavier than intended. roger makes a long speech about their relationship to win his girl back. many tears are shed.

Note: grammar and spelling errors. you guys will learn a lot about willow, lux, and reader and roger's marriage... this is also the chapter that reveals why reader wanted to separate. if you have questions about it, my ask inbox is always open(: THIS IS A VERY HEAVY CHAPTER BTW

Warning: language, angst angst (i cried), mentions of smut

Words: 9.2k+

***January 10, 1985***

"More?" Freddie asked, holding a bottle of liquor over Roger's glass. Roger nudged it forward.

The two men sat across from one another on Queen's private plane.

Brian and his family sprawled around the plane. John and his family sprawled around the plane. Jim asleep on a couch in the back.

Roger alone for another part of his tour.

Neither Lux nor Willow calling out for their father. Or running up to show him something new. Or wanting to sit on his lap to point out the window at little houses.

And there was no you at his side as his wife or for support. To keep him grounded. To play with his hair. Chase down your kids.

Roger had gone in to the small part of his tour in Brazil thinking Willow would be sitting on his lap, Lux pointing out the window, and you sitting at his side.

But Roger was instead sitting across from Freddie who was refilling glasses of liquor before they landed.

Roger drank his entire glass before nudging it forward for Freddie to refill it.

"Speak up, love," Freddie demanded, adding an ice cube to his drink and Roger's.

Roger let out an airy laugh, fiddling with the glass. The sound of children giggling filled his ears. Kids that weren't his.

"Come on, Rog. I can see it on your face. I'm all ears," his friend encouraged. "What's on your mind?"

"Just lost is all," Roger confessed, but blew it off as if it was nothing. "(Y/N) and I went back to her apartment after your Christmas party. And we..." he hesitated to speak. "We almost... But we didn't. She couldn't. She didn't want to... Pushed me off of her, actually. Yelled at me and started crying. Covered herself. All within a matter of seconds. And I don't... I don't know what she wants. I'm trying to understand," Roger explained, taking a sip of the beverage.