Love of My Life (Part 19): The Alternate Ending

BoRhap!Roger Taylor x Reader

Summary: lol I sent this blurb in anonymously and decided to expand on it here

Summary: lol I sent this blurb in anonymously and decided to expand on it here. I tweaked the story a little. You can read it here https://rogerandhishair.tumblr.com/post/180022356762/ok-but-imagine-u-and-roger-have-been-dating-for-a

Note: major grammar errors. LISTEN TO THE PLAYLIST (posted in the love of my life introduction) WHILE LISTENING (: lots of parallelism in this chapter. ***WARNING: SMUT SMUT SMUT AND SOME LANGUAGE***

Words: 7881

"I do," you repeated.

Roger lifted his head up slowly, his eyes meeting with yours.

"What?" he questioned, his lips parting and his eyes furrowing in confusion.

"It's all I've ever wanted to say to you," you paused, "at the altar. Right down the aisle, I always imagined it was you. But as I'm looking at you right now, I don't see it. I don't see you there anymore. You're not the one waiting for me at the end," you stuttered.

"It's Adam, isn't it?" he said, letting out a small breath of air as he tried giving you a half-hearted smile.

"It's Adam," you repeated. Your mouth fell slightly open as you raised your hand to cover your mouth, trying to suppress the tears, but it was no use.

"Roger, I wanted it to be you so badly. But it's not enough - me wanting you is not enough to make us work," you cried.

Roger took a step back in disbelief, his mouth trembling at your words. "Don't, please don't say it."

"I can't marry you. I can't marry you because I can't live the life that I used to life with you. It's not where I am in life anymore-"

"I've changed-"

"Have you? Because that groupie in your room proves otherwise-"

"And that's all she is. She's just a groupie."

"That's what you said the first time. And the second time. And the third time. When does it end?"

"It's not like that. I swear," he paused. "She's just a distraction from you. Can't you see? She isn't here. Why do you think that is? Why do you think that seat next to me is empty? It's because I told her to go home. It's because you're the one that's supposed to be sitting next to me. I never cared about her-"

"It doesn't matter, Roger. I came back for you, and you told me to let go. And so I am. That's on you," you spat. "I went back to my room and I cried while you buried yourself in another woman. I gave myself to you and you said no. That's on you. I'm done going back and forth." You paused.

"Why do you think I came here?" you broke. He didn't say anything.

"I came here for you. But you weren't here," but there was more meaning behind your words. "You haven't been here in so long," you confessed, tears falling from your eyes. "And I can't lie to myself and say that we can make us work. Our relationship is beyond being able to be repaired."