My Girl: Adventures of Lux Taylor (Part 5: The Separation (2))

Ben Hardy!Roger Taylor x Reader, Platonic John Deacon x Reader
{YMBF SERIES SPIN-OFF}

Ben Hardy!Roger Taylor x Reader, Platonic John Deacon x Reader{YMBF SERIES SPIN-OFF}

((lol dont let the happy gif of ben!roger trick you. this is a rough chapter for our boy rog))

Summary: As reader and Roger's separation continues, they are faced with more challenges. Roger fears reader is excluding him from the family, but is hiding a secret of his own.

Note: grammar and spelling errors. merry christmas!!!

Warning: language, mentions of smut

Words: 10k+

***August 24, 1984 - October 20, 1984***

The first half of Queen's tour had taken place between the end of August and the end of October.

Days of traveling and nights of shows.

The Queen boys always on the move.

Their families coming to support them. Their wives and children backstage or waiting in a hotel room. The boys asked by interviewers and the press about their wives and kids. And Roger always on the sidelines. Standing or sitting off to the side as he listened to the questions. Trying to avoid any about his family. His kids Lux and Willow. You, his wife.

Even though the interviewers would press Roger for more information about his family: where they had been. If he missed his family. If the rest of the Taylor gang was there. How his kids were.

Roger would always answer with short responses or change the subject. Something along, "Oh, yeah. Course I miss them. They're doing good though. Getting big. Back at home with mum. Hard traveling around with a baby. Hopefully they'll come out here soon." And hoped you might see the interview. But always left it at that. Not wanting to give too much away. Acting as if things were okay with his family, even though fans and the press knew something was off.

But he always felt odd answering the questions. Because he didn't know how everything was except for the fact that you two were separated.

He didn't know much about how you and his kids were. Because you and the kids hadn't shown up to one of his shows that tour. Not a single one.

So Roger would spend each night alone in his hotel room while the other boys went out with their families, and Freddie with Jim.

The first tour Roger had truly been alone. He became the most quiet of the four members.

And eventually, the questions about his family died down once speculations were released that you and Roger were separated. Speculations of you out and about with the kids around town. No family visits of the Taylor family to see Roger at a show. No photos seen together of you and Roger in months, or Roger with his kids.

The Taylor family split.

And Roger had always been excited to come home since Queen's first tour. Just to spend some days with families or friends. Or with you during the early stages of dating.