EDITED VERSION: You're My Best Friend (Part 16.2)

John Deacon is the best friend. Roger Taylor is the (EX)boyfriend. Things get complicated for reader in this love triangle.

 Gifs: @/millerbenny-moved @/bigfreddieenergy @/mazzelloplots @/joe-mazzello

Summary: deaky and reader wake up together. boys record "bohemian rhapsody." boys and reader play a game of scrabble - roger and reader talk. reader goes back to deaky's room. some smut. roger locks himself in a cupboard. boys and reader play another game of scrabble. freddie has a serious talk with reader. some angst with deaky.

Note: grammar and spelling errors. lots of hints and symbolism in this chapter. ENJOY SOME SMUT AND FLUFF AND ANGST!!! ***keep in mind my story is out of order with the scenes at the farm***
I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE IF YOU READ THE UNEDITED VERSION OF 16.2 AND PREFER THE ORIGINAL VERSION :/ . I CHANGED THINGS SO THAT THERE WOULD BE LESS CONTROVERSY/CONFLICT FROM MY READERS

Warning: language, smut

Words: 10.1k+

***August 1975***

You woke up in the same position you fell asleep in.

Your head rested on his soft, warm chest. The thud of his heart beat against your ear. And your hand still rested atop his peck, your fingers further spread out. They rose up and down with his light breathing.

A light moan left his mouth followed by a breath of air, signifying he had woken up as he rubbed his eyes before bringing his hand back down close to your fingers that rested on him. He was looking down at them and at your hair that became slightly messy.

The two of you shifted, your hand gripping into him softly as you nuzzled your face closer into him. Trying to get comfortable. And ignore the achy pain in your back.

John lightly smiled to himself at the image set out in front of him. Never thought he'd wake up to you in his arms.

Your senses had first awakened with Deaky's moan and the shifting. And at noticing the different scent. It was peppermint. Not Roger's cologne - or mix of his cologne and sweat.

You fully woke up when you felt the tips of his fingers meet yours. Slowly, your eyes sprouted open to see Deaky's fingertips. Grazing over yours.

You reciprocated to let him know you were awake. Your fingers played back with his.

Long and thin. Different from Roger's. Gentler. Despite the small cracks or calluses he had on his fingertips from strumming the bass. His fingers had a soft way to them.

He could feel you smile against his chest, knowing you were watching the interaction between hands.

"Morning," he rasped.

You didn't say anything.

And it made John nervous, his hand sliding away.

But you quickly brought it into yours, rubbing your thumb against his. Telling him it was okay. Before bringing them up to your lips. But you didn't kiss them. Only brought them in closer to warm them. His fingers were cold.