Chapter 24

What is everyone thinking? Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I started a new fic...ugh. This is how it always works doesn't it? But right now I'm really unmotivated with my stories. I need a really good, fresh idea like The Heart Healer, but I don't have any ): But do you guys like this story? And check my message board for my new idea! Maybe I could start collaborating with people? Or maybe you guys can send in bits and pieces of what you'd like to see in a fic and I can make one big story out of it? Just let me know. I miss you guys!

Oh yeah. So Jessica's preggers. But whose baby is it?! Now Natalie is coming home for her surgery. Will she survive? AGH. xx

****Zayn’s POV****

I paced the floor for hours thinking about Natalie, but then my mind would wander to the future where I was raising Jessica’s baby and not Natalie’s. I sat down moaning and ran my hands over my face.

“You okay mate?” someone asked and I looked up seeing Harry and Jessica coming into the hospital along with the other boys. Jessica and I met eyes, and we both quickly adverted our eyes elsewhere.

“I’m fine…just stressed and exhausted,” I replied truthfully as they all sat next to and around me.

“How long have you been here?” Liam asked and I nervously looked at my watch.

“Longer than we were supposed to be! She’s been in there for five hours…I’m really getting worried. They came out earlier and said there’s a slight chance she won't wake up…they said her brain might not react right and might shut down,” I whispered as the sickness grew in my stomach once more. I saw Jessica go pale and so did everyone else.

“She…might die?” Jessica asked squeezing my hand and I looked at her. I nodded looking down at my feet.

“Are you-“ Niall started and I slammed my fist onto the chair.

“Just stop! I don’t want to talk about it okay?!” I screamed and everyone looked down shutting their mouths. I ran a hand through my hair as angry tears ran down my cheeks like ten pound weights. It wasn’t fair. Nothing was fair….

****Natalie’s POV****

“Can you see me?” Zayn asked as I squinted at him. I grinned nodding as I ran into his arms. He spun me around and planted a kiss on my lips. I couldn’t stop staring at him…Jesus he was gorgeous.

“You have beautiful eyes,” I whispered holding his face and a beautiful smile spread onto his face.

“So do you love,” he replied and I giggled looking down at our hands. They molded together so perfectly, and it was even better to see it finally.

“What do you want to do first?” Zayn asked and I gripped his hand tightly.

“Shopping.”

My head started to pound and I let out a quiet moan.

“Natalie?” I heard my doctor ask and I put a hand on my head.

“Ow,” I mumbled and I felt my doctor come over and take my hand.

“Why don’t you try opening your eyes Natalie?” my doctor asked and I took a deep breath. What if I opened my eyes and still couldn’t see? I swallowed hard and slowly let my eyes open. I yelped out and covered my mouth as I stared at my doctor.

“I can…I can see you!” I squealed and he grinned widely as he squeezed my hand.

“Then the procedure was a success! Let me get you some painkillers for your head, and I’ll bring back some very anxious guests,” he winked before he left. I looked around the room in awe. Although I really had no idea what anything was, it was still amazing to see everything finally. I lifted my hand and stared at it. So that’s what a hand looked like. I lifted all my body parts and looked at them. Now I just needed to see what I looked like…I’d never seen what I looked like.