Chapter 23

Okay. All I have to say is. DRAMA. xx

****Jessica’s POV****

I missed my period. I bought a pregnancy test and what popped up? A little plus. I was pregnant. I ran my hand over my stomach and Harry knocked on the door.

“Coming,” I replied shakily as I threw the test away and came out looking at him.

“Babe? What’s wrong?” he asked holding my shoulders as concern filled his face. How the hell would he take it? Him being a father and all…I was worried.

“I have to tell you something,” I spoke sitting on the bed and he sat next to me. I took his hands tightly and I took a deep breath as I gazed into his beautiful green eyes. I bit my lip and he frowned giving my hands a little squeeze.

“Well you see….uh….well…uhm…I’m,” I started as I fiddled with my hands.

“Tell me Jessica,” he spoke literally frantic now.

“I’m pregnant,” I blurted and he stared at me for a moment. Damn it. I knew he’d be upset! Here it comes…he’s going to break up with me.

“That’s the best news I’ve ever heard!” he shouted grabbing me and I let out a laugh of shock and relief.

“Oh my God! Hi baby, it’s your Daddy!” Harry exclaimed bending over to my stomach and resting his large hand on it. He grinned up at me and I gave him my best grin back.

“Be nice to Mommy okay?” Harry whispered before pressing a kiss to my belly.

“I’m going to go call my mum and tell her okay? We can't tell anybody else yet though!” Harry grinned before he ran out of the room. My stomach began to twist in knots and I bit my lip to stop the tears from trickling down my face. Harry might not be the father…Zayn might…

****Zayn’s POV****

I cleaned the house thoroughly. Natalie was coming home soon, and tomorrow was her surgery. My stomach was bouncing all around as I waited for the door to open. Any second now…

“Zayn Malik!” someone shouted and I turned to the door grinning only to see Jessica storming in looking paler than a ghost. She pinned me against the wall and I swallowed hard.

“What did I do?” I squeaked and she held up a pregnancy test in front of me. She was pregnant! Well why did I care…oh shit….no fucking way was this happening.

“Mine?” I barely got out and she backed up holding her head.

“I’m praying not,” she spoke and I felt even more sick now…no way could I be a father…especially not when I was dating Natalie!

“It could be Harry’s and it could be yours! I slept with both of you in the same week,” she spoke frantic as she paced the floor.

“Well we don’t need to worry about it right now…Natalie’s coming home,” I spoke trying to focus on my girlfriend coming home.

“We can't hide it forever!” she screamed running out of the house in tears and I sighed putting my face in my hands. What if I was the father? What would happen to Nat and me? Even worse…what would happen to the band when Harry found out I slept with his girl? I heard the door open and I looked up to see Natalie smiling at the door.

“Baby!” I shouted running over and scooping her up. I kissed her all over and she giggled uncontrollably.

“I missed you,” she bubbled and I kissed her for a moment.

“No, I missed you!” I exclaimed setting her down and taking her bags to my room.

“After my surgery tomorrow can you teach me to drive? And to read? And to put on makeup?” she bombarded me with questions and I laughed shushing her.

“You’re going to need time for recovery love,” I replied running my hand down her arm.

“Okay, let’s go to sleep so it’s tomorrow already!” she moaned trying to drag me into my room and I laughed.

“No, come on. I prepared a lovely meal for us,” I spoke softly taking her into the kitchen and setting her plate in front of her.

“How is everyone?” Natalie asked as we started eating.

“Good…everyone’s good,” I replied simply and she frowned.

“After your surgery we’ll talk,” I whispered as the thought of raising Jessica’s baby slid into my mind.

“Is everything okay?” she asked concerned and I finished off my dinner.

“Yes, everything’s fine,” I lied and she nodded finishing her food as well. I went and lifted her into my arms and carried her to my room. She changed quickly and looked over my direction.

“I’m scared,” she whimpered opening her arms as I lifted her up and laid us in bed. I brushed the hair out of her eyes and just stared at her.

“Don’t be scared darling, everything is going to be okay,” I replied shakily knowing that everything might NOT be alright.

“Go to sleep,” I whispered rubbing her back softly as I kissed her. She nodded as I watched her relax a bit.

“I love you so much,” she cried out softly and I held her as tight as I could.

“I love you too sweetheart,” I replied as I slipped off into a dreamless sleep.

****

I woke up what seemed like a minute later and I felt like I might throw up. I looked down at Natalie who was still sleeping and I sighed as I lifted her up and she groaned.

“Come on love, your surgery’s soon,” I whispered kissing her forehead and she nodded resting her head against my chest as she fell back asleep. I chuckled a bit and took her out to my car as she continued to sleep. I drove down the roads trying to focus, but the thought of this being the last time with Natalie made me sick.

“Zayn, I’ll be okay,” Natalie whispered as if she knew I was a wreck. I nodded taking her hand. There was so much I hadn’t gotten to tell her…

“We’re here,” I choked and I carried her inside. Her doctor came out and smiled at us.

“You ready Natalie?” he asked and I turned her to face me.

“I love you from the very bottom of my heart Natalie, and I'm sorry for how I treated you…it wasn’t fair. I love you, and I’ll be right here when you wake up,” I whispered kissing her very passionately before she pulled away crying.

“I love you too babe; see you when I wake up,” she blubbered following her doctor back to the room...what if that was the last time I ever saw her?