A Little More Past is Uncovered

Alyss spluttered in Ink's skull, flustered as she scrambled to explain herself.

<I don't KNOW, alright?! I just blanked at the time and told you that one! I've never merged with anyone before, I felt uncomfortable telling you my real name- Imeanit'sjustaweirdnameandIdid'ntwanttostartoffwith'hey!Ihaveareallyweirdnameand->
Stop. You're giving me a headache.

She fell guiltily silent. It's a nice name. She tremored in his skull. <Alyssa was my name in my first life. Sinead is from this life... It's Irish, okay?>

Ink kind of thought it was funny that she was so powerful and nonjudgmental of others, but got so embarrassed at her own name.
It's a good name, though. He offered.

<Yeah, I know it's not that weird. I just freaked at the time.> She explained awkwardly. It's fine. Ink brushed it off, adding; Sinead.

Suddenly something was tapping his shoulder. He refocused to see Bendy standing somehow taller, poking him with concern. "Are you alright? You zoned out for a minute."

"Oh! Sorry, I was thinking! I didn't scare you, did I?" Bendy shrank down to his previous size with a worried look. "No, not really. Just had me concerned is all."

Ink stared for a moment. "How did you do that..?" "What?" "Growy shrinky thing?"

"Oh! Pfft, it's just something I can do. I can only grow something to a certain point on my own, though. Then I need extra ink to keep going."

Ink blinked. "I know, that's your name. Funny coincidence, right?" He nodded. "Why do you need it?"

"I'm made of it. Yes, you heard me correctly. I'm made of ink."

He blinked again. Then Ink started laughing. "Wow, I'm actually kinda made of it, too! That's why it's my name!!" He exclaimed brightly.

Bendy's piecut eyes widened. "But you're a skeleton?" "Yeah, I'm only partially made of it. Watch!"

Ink summoned Broomie with a flourish, then painted a few dozen rainbow butterflies. They fluttered around them, wisps of colored flame trailing the insects.

"Huh. Never had flames before." Two perched on Bendy's horns as he commented.

"Wow. If can create animals, you would probably love the Black Sea.. but why is it so colorful?" Bendy suddenly pouted.

"What, are you not colorful?" "Do I look it?" "Heh. Guess not." The butterflies drifted away. "I'm not very good at the colored magic type of thing. The best I can do is light. And illusions."

"Illusions?" Ink asked, interest piqued. "Yes. Like this." Bendy focused for a moment, then behind him the distant mountaintop fell from the sky, growing bigger as it neared the ground. Seconds before it collided, it froze, then combined gently with the base. Ink goggled in shock.

Bendy giggled softly. "It isn't real. Seriously." He was looking at the completed mountain too, mostly by turning his head all the way around.

"Watch." The vision vanished. Like it was never there. No shimmer, no nothing. Ink looked up to see the top back in the sky like nothing happened.

"Heh. I guess you can really bend light, then." "Oh no, not you too!!" Bendy groaned, despite his smile.

"You're smiling, though." The grin wavered, but persisted. "Gah! You got me. Not even Sans came up with that one!" Ink laughed. "But it's so obvious!" Bendy flushed, a black on his flat face. "I don't know."

Ink laughed again. "Well I'm pretty glad someone else is made of this stuff; I was getting really bonely."

"That's just terrible." Bendy protested. "Sans used that one before." "Maybe because it's humerus?"