Chapter 22

(Art Belongs To Me)

You remained unmoved, staring out the window in vain hope that your Dad won't mention another word to you.

"Hm...Hey, why won't you look at me?" The gliding of his wheel chair stopped just as he got to your bed, waiting patiently by your bedside.

"...I..." You let out a shaky breath, the sun was just barely rising above the buildings outside your window.

"..." Your Dad looked over at the heart monitor, his eyes trailing down the wire to the pulse oximeter that was clipped to your finger. Your heart rate was deafening, your pulse was beginning to pick up. His hand gently grabbed hold of your arm before sliding it down to your hand, giving it a small squeeze. "I'll wait forever and you know that, just for you to look at me."

You slowly turned your head, seeing your Dad in your peripheral vision. You could barely make out the outline of the handles to his wheelchair, but that was enough for the floodgates to spill out your eyes.

"I'm so sorry..." You heaved bringing your knees up close and crying into your sheets. "I'm so sorry..."

Your Dad chuckled, rubbing soothingly on the back of your hands. "Why are you sorry?" His eyes lingered on your frame. "You've done nothing- "

"I couldn't help Dorothy, I couldn't help Ojiro either..." You breathed in shakily, refusing to look up. "I made everyone worry, the villains used me to hurt my friends...They used me to get to you and to Kenta... Everyone risked their lives for me, you risked your job..." You paused for a moment before continuing. "I did nothing to help..." your last sentence came out as a whisper, "I'm not the child you guys wished for."

Every feeling that you've kept pent up inside of you came spilling out this one moment.

"..." Your Dad frowned. "Is that what you've been feeling this entire time?" You stayed still. "Are you saying, you haven't felt my love the entire time I raised you? Did your Mom not care for you? Kenta? Dorothy?" Your head raised up from this.

"You know that's not what I meant-"

"Well that what you're telling me." He squeezed your hand tight. "You're not a product of a quirk marriage (Y/N), yes your Mother an I were arranged but know that you're a product of your Mother and I's love."

"..." You sucked in a breath, it was the first times you heard those words unfortunately, but you were relieved to hear it nonetheless.

"And don't tell me you really think this was all your fault..." This time you turned to your Dad who continued to stare at you with such gentleness you thought you were looking into the eyes of God himself. "You should know better that you've done nothing wrong... You texted Dorothy because you cared, Ojiro fought to protect you, you pushed Kenta out of the way to protect him from One For All's attack, and I came because I'm a hero, It's my duty to as both a hero and a Dad to protect my daughter." Your Dad paused before smiling at you. "Are any of those wrong?"

"No..." You whispered, your eyes were still dull. "...But I still feel bad..." There was so much piled up over the past week that you began to feel numb, but at the same time you felt completely overwhelmed and powerless.

"It's okay to feel bad about all that's happened...But I never want to hear you say that any of this is your fault." He gave your hand another squeeze, gaining your full attention. Your eyes trailed down to his wheel chair, eyes brimming with new tears. "Look at me, and say 'none of this is my fault'."

"...I'm so sorry..." You spoke with a hiccup. "None of this...Was my fault, but I'm still so sorry..."

Your Dad hummed, reaching over slightly to wipe the tears that managed to escape your eyes. "One more thing."