Chapter 3

Chapter 3

You cooled off after a while. You knew your lash out towards Todoroki was uncalled, and he definitely didn't deserve it. What would you know what he's gone through? What you said was too personal, and you knew that, but you were to angered to even bother apologizing. You just wanted to go home and lock yourself away from this unfair world. Maybe a few hours of isolation was all you needed.

You were getting ready to go home. Classes breezed by like nothing and soon you'd be eating dinner with your family and peacefully completing your homework.

You walked out the U.A entrance, spotting Bakugo not too far off. You walked a few paces behind him, ready to dwell off into your own thoughts in hopes of diffusing any left over anger from earlier this morning. Sadly you couldn't.

"W-Wait! Kaachan! (Y/N)-chan!" You stopped in your tracks, both you and Bakugo did. You both didn't dare look back though. "I...I wanted to tell you both something, that I feel like you deserve to know"

I deserve to know everything Deku, but you won't tell me everything, that's the fucking problem.

You waited for what felt like an eternity before Deku spoke again. "My quirk...It was actually, given to me...By someone. I-I won't tell you guys who though—! I-I made a promise to them..." There was pause before he continued. "That's why, I'll make this quirk my own, and I'll defeat you with it Kaachan...And (Y/N), I know what you're thinking—"

"What the hell did you do to deserve a quirk more than I do?" You whipped your head back towards Deku, voice laced with so much hate it made him flinch. "You didn't do jack shit your whole life! All you did was gawk at others with quirks, you didn't work a single damn muscle—!" You drew a breath between your teeth, your ams shook by your sides as you spoke.

"That's why—!" Deku's voice wavered as he spoke. "I-I'll prove to you...I'll prove to you, how much this quirk means to me, and there's no way that I'd let this go to waste. I'll live up to your expectations, and I'll work twice as hard to prove to you...How much I deserve this..."

'Live up to your expectations'

If I couldn't do it, how could you?

You only shook your head at Deku's words, feeling tears threaten to spill themselves from your eyes. Bakugo stayed silent, still having to process what Deku told him. You however, didn't want to stay around either of them any longer. Fuelled purely by jealousy, anger and frustration, you stomped away, ignoring Deku's desperate please and apologies.

-The Next Day-

Class started and Aizawa crawled out of his sleeping bag, looking more tired than usual. "Good-morning, I saw clips of your guys' combat training yesterday." He looked over at Deku. "Midoriya, get a hold of your quirk, you can't use the excuse of not being able to control your quirk anymore. You need to learn how to use it."

"H-Hai!" Deku replied timidly. You couldn't help but snort at his weak reply, feeling a little irritated just from his pronounced presence.

"And Bakugo..." Aizawa then looked over to Bakugo, his eyes narrowing. "Next time, don't try to kill your classmates, and get your emotions in control. You're very strong, but your anger gets the best of you, don't let that happen."

"Yeah, yeah." To your surprise, Bakugo didn't attempts to pick a fight with Aizawa or make an effort to defend his pride.

"Anyway, today we'll be..." He took a small pause, the anticipation in everyone seemed to pile up as each second passed. "Deciding on class president." Everyone cheered, getting excited and immediately screaming about how they should be president. You couldn't deny it, you wanted that title too, and you weren't a foreigner to it. You've been class president before back in Junior High, so being one in U.A shouldn't be all that different.