Chapter 13

Chapter 13 

Finals came a lot quicker than you thought. You ended up having to tutor both Kirishima and Mina because of Bakugo's inconsistency when it came to study sessions. It was odd to see him so off his game lately, he always either got annoyed halfway through tutoring and leave, or he wouldn't even show up at all. He's becoming more intense as days went on, and that was during classes as well. Your peers also began to notice, which only worried a certain red head more. You weren't too bothered with how Bakugo was feeling, to you he's always been like that, so you'd often just ignore his tantrums.

You managed to ace the final, Mina and Kirishima also managed to pass with flying colours. After seeing their marks your pride inflated like a balloon, much larger than Bakugo's. You even treated them to dinner afterwards, feeling like an accomplished Mother. That's what you were doing right now. It was after school, and the physical exam was a few days from now, meaning after today you, Kirishima and Mina would go back to your usual training in the gym. But right now, you were more focused on giving praise to your classmates in front of you—and yourself— for passing the exam.

"You guys can order anything you want." You closed the menu in front of you, having an idea of what you wanted already.

"Anything? Are you sure?" Kirishima looked at the contents in the menu. "Some of these are kinda pricy."

"Yeah, I don't want to be a burden on your wallet." Mina sheepishly scratched the nape of her neck. You raised your hand slightly and shook your head, signalling for them to stop.

"My wallet feels no burden. Just order what you like." Mina and Kirishima sweat dropped before nodding their heads. After ordering what they wanted, they began to chat amongst themselves, with you occasionally jumping in the conversation.

"Have you noticed how...Intense, Bakugo's gotten?" Kirishima took a sip of his tea, his face became unsettling.

"Yeah..." Mina began to shrink in her seat, a shiver racked her spine. "He's gotten a lot scarier."

"Yeah, it's a little worrying to be honest..." Kirishima looked over to you. You were seated across from them, muting out what they've been saying. Kirishima always wondered what your relationship with Bakugo was, considering how you were childhood friends with the two polar opposites in class. Nothing made sense whenever he tried to piece the puzzle with you and Bakugo, something was either always missing or looked wrong. "What about you, (Y/N)-chan."

You looked away from the window, giving Kirishima your attention. "Hm?"

"Bakugo's gotten scarier over the past few days..." Kirishima studied your face, waiting for any sort of reaction or sign of worry. You merely shrugged your shoulders.

"He's always like this, it isn't new." As you said this the waitress came with your food.

"But..." Kirishima sucked in a breath, a frown made it's way to his face. "Aren't you a little bit...I dunno, worried? I mean, I get that his personality is explosive in general but..." Kirishima sighed. "His anger is starting to suffocate everyone in class."

"Yeah, didn't you see the way he yelled at Kaminari and Deku today?" Mina slumped forward. "And when he exited the room, he slammed the doors so hard the whole room shook." Everyone kept their eyes trained on you as you poked around with your food.

"Meh...I'm used to his angry persona." Your face turned into a scowl. "It's best to just ignore him until he cools off..."

"(Y/N)..." Kirishima spoke softly.

"Yeah?"

"...Weren't you friends with Bakugo?"

"Yeah, as children, why?"